How to format XML document for pdf

I’m trying to make a simple pdf from an xml (with attached xsl) document.

The XML looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="xsl.xsl"?>

false
Microsoft Access 97
Microsoft
Windows
-
-

false
Microsoft Word 97
Microsoft
Windows
-
-

----
----

According to your definitions, lines below should be enough to atleast create and save it, but I’m thinking that the XML document is not properly formatted. I only get an empty pdf document.

Dim pdf As Aspose.Pdf.Pdf = New Aspose.Pdf.Pdf
pdf.BindXML(“C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pdf\XML.xml”, “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pdf\XSL.xsl”)
pdf.Save(“C:/pdftest/GridReport.pdf”)

How do I make pdf from XML, save it and open it in browser?

Dear dpouls1,

Thanks for your consideration.

Did you use correct xslt file? Please view Hello World - XML and XSLT about how to use XML and XSLT.

Yes I use the correct xslt, but it is not formatted with , or tags. Must it follow certain standards?

My xslt:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">	<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes" media-type="application/vnd.ms-excel"/>	<xsl:template match="/">		<html>			<style>			td {font-family:verdana;font-size:10px}			th {font-family:verdana;font-size:11px}					</style>			<body>				<table border="1">					<tr>						<th>Name</th>						<td>							<xsl:value-of select="XmlExport/Agent/Name"/>						</td>					</tr>					<tr>						<th>Division</th>						<td>							<xsl:value-of select="XmlExport/Agent/Division"/>						</td>					</tr>					<tr>						<th>Node</th>						<td>							<xsl:value-of select="XmlExport/Agent/Node"/>						</td>					</tr>					<tr>						<th>LastScanDate</th>						<td>							<xsl:value-of select="XmlExport/Agent/LastScanDate"/>						</td>					</tr>					<tr>						<th># of products</th>						<td>							<xsl:value-of select="XmlExport/Agent/TotalNumberOfProducts"/>						</td>					</tr>					<tr>						<th>Is clone</th>						<td>							<xsl:value-of select="XmlExport/Agent/IsClone"/>						</td>					</tr>				</table>				<br/>				<table border="1">					<tr>						<th>Is removed</th>						<th>Name</th>						<th>Version</th>						<th>Vendor</th>						<th>Platform</th>						<th>Category</th>						<th>Description</th>					</tr>					<xsl:for-each select="XmlExport/Agent/Product">						<tr>							<td>								<xsl:value-of select="IsRemoved"/>							</td>							<td>								<xsl:value-of select="Name"/>							</td>							<td>								<xsl:value-of select="Version"/>							</td>							<td>								<xsl:value-of select="Vendor"/>							</td>							<td>								<xsl:value-of select="Platform"/>							</td>							<td>								<xsl:value-of select="Category"/>							</td>							<td>								<xsl:value-of select="Description"/>							</td>						</tr>					</xsl:for-each>				</table>			</body>		</html>	</xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

Dear dpouls1,

Thanks for your consideration.

You should re-write your xslt file to Aspose.Pdf’s format. Please view our example.