How to generate multiple barcodes with Macro PDF417

Hi,

I see Aspose.BarCode has support for MacroPDF417. It seems that you can set all the attributes like fileid, segment id and if it is the last segment or not. But how do you know the number of barcodes that is necessary to represent a given codetext?

With a really big file it gives me a blank small image. With smaller files I get the same barcode over and over again when changing the segment id and last segment attributes …

What gives?

Thank you,

Bruno Windels

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

We will get back to you with a sample program soon. Could you please also tell us the average and maximum size of the file, for which you would be generating the barcodes?

Hi Saqib,

The smallest file I dispose of that fails is 4,08 kb large. But apart from the fact that this may be a bug, I also can’t figure out what the API is to generate more than one barcode image from one single file using MacroPDF17. Do you do multiple calls to save with different MacroPdf417LastSegment and MacroPdf417SegmentID values? That is my major doubt … The documentation almost doesn’t help at all here, so could you be so kind to provide me with some sample code that is known to work?

Thank you,
Bruno Windels

The exact size of the file is 4181 bytes.
The largest file that does work is 709 bytes.

Hi,

It has been two weeks now, do you have any news?
I would really appreciate any kind of update to know you guys are looking into this …

Thank you,
Bruno Windels

Hi Bruno,

Sorry for the late response.

Please find the attached sample that encodes a binary (zip) file and generates multiple Pdf417 barcode images.

Hi again Saqib,

Thank you for the example, but splitting a file into various PDF417 barcodes is only valid for us as a temporary solution. We need real MacroPDF417 so we can scan all of the generated barcodes with a hardware scanner which will know to ask for more barcodes or not. This is required and not possible with PDF417.
That is why we bought a license of Aspose.Barcode, because the product page cleary states that MacroPDF417 is supported. In spite of this I am unable to find any working example of MacroPDF417, nor am I able to make it work myself, so I would really appreciate if you would provide me with one.

Thank you,
Regards,
Bruno Windels

Hi Bruno,

Yes, the previous example was for software barcode generation and recognition only. Please check the attached sample that uses MacroPdf417 symbology and generates multiple barcodes. BarCodeBuilder and BarCodeReader classes contain the following properties for this purpose:

MacroPdf417SegmentID: recommended to be increasing order (1,2,3,.....)

MarcoPdf417FileID: should be same for 1 series

MarcoPdf417LastSegmentID: true if the image is last in series, otherwise false

Please also test with the scanning hardware device (if possible) and in case of problems, please let us know.

Hi
I want to generate Barcode from large size file using MacroPDF417 Symbology. please send source code in advance.
Thank you,

SathyaMoorthy,
OTC-NIC,
Chennai-90

Hi
I want to generate Barcode from large size file using MacroPDF417 Symbology in java based application.
please send source code in advance.
Thank you,

Best Regards
SathyaMoorthy,
OTC-NIC,
Chennai-90