How to generate tabular format in pivot Excel sheet

I will generate setShowCompact(true) and setShowInOutlineForm(true); report layouts in pivot table sheet (pivot excel)
problem is I didn't generate tabular form in report layouts
will you please suggest how to generate tabular form in report layout.

Hi,

Please try:

pivotField.setShowInOutlineForm(false) that indicates the layout of the field in Pivot Table view/ tabular form. You may loop through your desired pivot fields and specify the layouts accordingly.

Thank you.

pivotField.setShowInOutlineForm(false) is working to generate tabular format in pivot Excel sheet

thank you Amjad Sahi

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

Hi ,

I am unable to generate compact form in Microsoft Office 2003 format
after setting pivotField.setShowCompact(true),able generate compact form in Ms office 2007/2010 format
can u please suggest how to generate compact form in Microsoft Office 2003

Thank you.

Hi,

It works fine and similar to XLSX file format (MS Excel 2007/2010) for XLS file format too. Could you give us sample code (runnable - JAVA program) and some screen shots to show the issue, we will check it soon. Also give us your expected Excel file that you may manually create in MS Excel, it will help us to analyze your issue more precisely and we will look into it soon.

Thank you.

hi i am unable generating pivot Excel in compact form

i am using this code to generate compact form

PivotField pivotField = pivotFields.get(pIndex);
pivotField.setAutoSort(sort);
pivotField.setInsertBlankRow(blankRow);
pivotField.setShowCompact(true);

will u please tell me how to generate pivot excel in compact form
Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: v8.2.0.x. It works fine for both XLSX file format (MS Excel 2007/2010) and XLS file format. Please give us sample code (runnable - JAVA program) and some screen shots to show the issue, we will check it soon. Also give us your expected Excel file that you may manually create in MS Excel, it will help us to analyze your issue properly on our end.

Thank you.