How to Get Format Changes of Revision using Java | FormatChange

Dear Aspose Team,

I want to do the following: I am using Aspose Words in a software that checks certain formatting of documents. Now, when the formatting is incorrect, it will provide a suggestion (e.g. only black font is allowed, so if it finds red font, it suggests using black instead).

I want to do these suggestions as tracked changes, so the users can accept or decline later on.
I have managed to get tracked changes going in my document but for some reason formatting changes (e.g. all changes to the font of a Run) are directly applied and not inserted as a revision.

doc = new Document(path);
doc.startTrackRevisions(“Bot”, new Date());
// r is a Run of a Paragraph in the Document doc
r.getFont().setColor(new Color(100));
r.getFont().setSize(20);

I have read a really old forum post (from 2013) where you said that format changes are not tracked yet (Extract all track changes from a document (including formatting) - #3 by aavechkin) under WORDSNET-8968.
Is this still not possible or was this implemented in the mean time?

Thank you very much for your time! :slight_smile:

@dominikh05

Unfortunately, the feature WORDSNET-8968 has not implemented yet. We will inform you via this forum thread once it is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Could you please share some more detail about your query along with following detail? We will then provide you more information on it.

• Please attach your input Word document.
  • Please attach your expected output document.
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.