How to get horizontal merged cells of tables using .NET

Hi,

with the latetest version of Aspose.Words it is impossible to get information on merged cells in word tables.

Please try the attached file with the PrintCellMergeType(Cell cell) from the documentation. The result is:

The cell at R1, C1 is not merged
The cell at R1, C2 is not merged
The cell at R2, C1 is not merged
The cell at R2, C2 is not merged
The cell at R3, C1 is not merged
The cell at R4, C1 is not merged
The cell at R4, C2 is not merged

That is obviously wrong. In the WordML of the DOCX file you can find the attribute GridSpan=2. But it seems that Aspose.Words doesn’t parse it.

Is this a bug?

Thank,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your query. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-6652 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Richard,

Further to my last reply, I like to share with you that this is not an issue. Please read Alexey’s reply at following forum link.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Thank you very much for your reply!

My understanding of the information is that there are no horizontal merged cells in Word. I suggest to remove the horizontalMerged property from the CellFormat class - because it will never work. It can be used to add merged cells but after adding the merging information disappears and the merged cell will converted to a wide cell. My expectation of Aspose.Words is that the HorizontalMerged property works like the VerticalMerged, but it doesn’t.

At the moment we evaluate Aspose and will decide if we use it in our product (for custom HTML conversion). It’s sad that Aspose doesn’t make it easy to get the ColSpan of an cell (I am wondering how do you do it in your build-in HTML conversion).

Richard

Hi Richard,

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. Please give us some time to investigate this issue. We will update you as soon as possible.

Hi,

we are very interested in fixing this problem. Could you inform us if the problem is fixed, please? We are using Aspose.Words 9.3.0.0 for .NET.

Thanks.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid your issue has now been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello Richard,

I'm working on your issue right at the moment and
I cannot reproduce the problem on my side using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 11.7.0. You can download this version from here:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/category1188.aspx

Could you please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words and let me know how it goes on your side.

Here is my result with your code and the latest version:

The cell at R1, C1 is not merged
The cell at R2, C1 is not merged
The cell at R3, C1 is vertically merged
The cell at R3, C2 is not merged
The cell at R4, C1 is vertically merged
The cell at R4, C2 is not merged
The cell at R5, C1 is vertically merged
The cell at R5, C2 is not merged

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

I tried the version 11.7 and it was failed for me. Please, try this test - create a document using MS Office 2003 and a table with merged cells there. The document must be saved in the format of MS Office 2003.

Thanks,

John.

Hi Richard,

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. I am working over this issue with our development team and will update you about this issue asap.

Hi Richard,

Further to my last reply, I have received response from our development team and like to share with you that this is not a bug.

MS Word simply converts merged cells into wide cells. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6652) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)