How to get Max value of vertical axis on a chart (C# .NET)

Hi,

I am using Aspose Slides for Java 16.9.0

I have attached a PPT file where in there are 2 charts on a slide. I have a requirement to show both charts with same maximum vertical axis value.

When I try to read the max value for the vertical axis, it always returns zero.
<span style=“font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 14, 122); font-weight: bold;”>
<span style=“font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(102, 14, 122); font-weight: bold;”>chart<span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 9pt;”>.getAxes().getVerticalAxis().getMaxValue()
<span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 9pt;”>
<span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 9pt;”>
I need to get access to the max value shown on Y-axis (vertical axis) and then set the other chart to same max value. Chart 1 Max value = Chart 2 Max value.

Can you please advise?

Thanks
Giri

Hi Giri,

I have observed your comments. We will get back to you with feedback soon.

Best Regards,

Any update on this one yet? Is it a bug?

Hi Giri,

I have observed your comments. Can you please, try to access chart.getAxes().getHorizontalAxis().getMaxValue() for first chart and then change for second chart chart.getAxes().getHorizontalAxis().setMaxValue(‘value from first chart’);. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

Best Regards,

I am now upgraded to Aspose Slides for Java 16.11.0

chart.getAxes().getHorizontalAxis().getMaxValue() or
chart.getAxes().getVerticalAxis().getMaxValue()

both return 0.00 and not actual Max value.

Hi Giri,

I have observed your comments. A ticket with id SLIDESJAVA-35764 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. We will share notification with you once issue will be resolved. I request for your patience.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

No problem, we can wait on this one.

Any update on this one yet?

Hi Giri,

I have observed your comments and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. Actually, the issue is blocked owing to missing implementation in issue of Aspose.Slides for .NET. So, it is going to get resolved in that issue first and then in it will be resolved in Aspose.Slides for JAVA. The issue involves complex implementation and I have also requested our product team to share further feedback regarding the issue. I request for your patience till the time further feedback is shared by our product team and issue gets resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-35764) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Is this fixed now? We do need this feature and will be grateful if this can be resolved sooner.

@ApiDeveloper,

I suggest you to please try using following sample code on your end to get actual max values. I hope the shared information will be helpful.

Presentation pres = new Presentation();

Chart chart = (Chart) pres.getSlides().get_Item(0).getShapes().addChart(ChartType.Area, 100, 100, 500, 350);
chart.validateChartLayout();

double maxValue = chart.getAxes().getVerticalAxis().getActualMaxValue();
double minValue = chart.getAxes().getVerticalAxis().getActualMinValue();