How to get pdf signature certificate thumbprint

Aspose document " Working with Signature in PDF File|Aspose.PDF for Java" talks about getting thumbprint from a pdf digital certificate.

However I dont see getSignature() or extractCertificate() to get thumprint value from the cert. How can we get thubprint using java.

@rakeshjha

In case you are using old version of Aspose.PDF, we suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.PDF for Java 22.7.

You can find these properties in PdfFileSignature class.

I was using 22.7.1 and used java-22.7 as well, however i dont see any specific way to just get the cert thumbprint.

System.out.println(s.getSignature().getAuthority());–> like this i dont see thumbprint.

Also extractCertificate extract the whole cert, I just need thumbprint out of it.

@rakeshjha

We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system as PDFJAVA-41927. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on it.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Also to note is extractCertificate() method only extract root certificate, we are interested in getting full cert chain.

@rakeshjha

We have logged your concerns in our issue tracking system. We will inform you once there is an update available on it.

any update on this?

@rakeshjha

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.