How to get the valid text in a HTML document alone and display it in the PPTX portions

**Any quick response would be more than helpful **

Hi,

What I want to achieve::
The purpose is to apply the styles applied to the html text into the pptx slide as paragraphs.

What I am Doing::
I am trying to load the html text into an html document and filter only the text nodes containing text values. Similarly, I am getting a reference to the paragraphs (which is supposed to be the paragraphs that is there in the html document) in the slide. I am comparing each html text node with the paragraph.portions in the slide and applying the styles as is in the html node to the portion.

Issue::
But the problem is when the html document is loaded &nbsp, single space, \n\t are considered as the text node and the no.of child nodes for an element say "p" is not same as the portions in a paragraph returned by the slide. This results in improper styles applied to various portions of the slides.

Question::
Is there any other way to achieve this apart from . I want to apply the styles from the html node to my portions in PPTX slide.

Below is the code that I am working with.

protected override void Export(ISlide slide, int currentSlideIndex)
{
var frameShape = AddShapeUtils.AddHtmlFrame(slide, Data.Text, X, Y, Width, Height);

HtmlDocument htmlDoc = new HtmlDocument();
htmlDoc.LoadHtml(Data.Text);

var htmlParagraphs = htmlDoc.DocumentNode.ChildNodes.Where(x => !x.Name.Contains("#text"));
var paragraphs = ((IAutoShape)frameShape).
TextFrame.Paragraphs;

Color defaultFgColor = DesignSettings.GetValueOrDefault("@UISetting-OnScreenReport-Text-Font-Color").GetColor();
FontData defaultFontType =
new FontData(DesignSettings.GetValueOrDefault("@UISetting-OnScreenReport-Text-Font-Family").Split(',')[0]);

for (int i = 0; i < paragraphs.Count; i++)
{
counter = 0;

VisitNode(htmlParagraphs.ElementAt(i), paragraphs[i].Portions, Color.White, defaultFgColor, defaultFontType, 13, DesignSettings);
}

((IAutoShape)frameShape).
TextFrame.TextFrameFormat.AutofitType = TextAutofitType.Normal;
AddShape(frameShape);
}

private int counter = 0;

public void VisitNode(HtmlNode node, IPortionCollection portions, Color backgroundColor, Color foregroundColor, FontData fontType, float fontSize, Dictionary designSettings)
{
string bg = "background-color:";
string fg = "color:";
string font = "font-family:";
string fs = "font-size:";

if (node.HasAttributes && node.Attributes.Contains("style") && node.Attributes["style"].Value.IndexOf(bg) != -1)
{
backgroundColor = node.Attributes["style"].Value.Substring(bg.Length).GetColor();
}

if (node.HasAttributes && node.Attributes.Contains("style") && node.Attributes["style"].Value.IndexOf(fg) == 0)
{
foregroundColor = node.Attributes["style"].Value.Substring(fg.Length).GetColor();
}

if (node.HasAttributes && node.Attributes.Contains("style") && node.Attributes["style"].Value.IndexOf(font) != -1)
{
var titleFontsArray = node.Attributes["style"].Value.Substring(font.Length).Split(',');
fontType = new FontData(titleFontsArray[0]);
}

if (node.HasAttributes && node.Attributes.Contains("style") && node.Attributes["style"].Value.IndexOf(fs) != -1)
{
string s = node.Attributes["style"].Value;
fontSize = s.Substring(fs.Length, s.Length - fs.Length - 2).GetFontSize();
}
if (node.Name == "#text")
{
portions[counter].PortionFormat.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
portions[counter].PortionFormat.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = foregroundColor;
portions[counter].PortionFormat.LatinFont = fontType;
portions[counter].PortionFormat.FontHeight = fontSize;
portions[counter++].PortionFormat.HighlightColor.Color = backgroundColor;
}

foreach (HtmlNode childNode in node.ChildNodes)
VisitNode(childNode, portions, backgroundColor,foregroundColor, fontType, fontSize, designSettings);
}

Thanks,
Priya

Hi Priya,

Thank you for the details.

However, I am not very clear about your requirement.It seems from the details shared by you that you are facing some issue in parsing the HTML content. Please share a sample application, template files and the detail of the issue your are facing with Aspose.Slides API. We will check it and get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards,