How to get unique worksheet id

Hi

Is there a way to get an unique sheet Id string from Aspose.Cells API? The unique sheet id will be like something this 875F9662-BAE4-465B-9BF9-CDECCA4FF2A5

Thanks,
Wei

@weimeng,

Thanks for your query.

I think you are talking about unique identifier which is mentioned/described for the sheet in the source XML file(s) (e.g when we extract the XLSX file and browse its source XML archives/data). If this is the case, could you give us sample Excel file and some screenshots to demonstrate what you need to extract? We will analyze it and then log appropriate ticket for your requirements.

Thanks for the update.
My scenario is we are generating a workbook using Apose.Cells on server, and we are saving some workbook level custom properties, since the information from each sheet all saved at one place, we want to use a unique id to reference each worksheet.

The reason we want the sheet id, because on the client side, we are using Microsoft OfficeAddIn to read the custom properties from workbook, we need this sheet Id is compatible from what we get from officeAddIn API.

I attached a workbook, the sheetId I get from OfficeAddIn API is sheet1: {15DB5C3C-A5A1-48AF-8F25-3D86AC232D4F}, sheet2:{99A3B627-FC4A-4E24-890B-BE99AB9AB3C7}

Is there a way to get the same sheetId from Aspose?

Thanks,
Wei

SheetId.zip (7.7 KB)

@weimeng,
Thank you for providing detailed information.

We were able to understand the requirement but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix(if possible). Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-47204 – Get worksheet unique id

Yes, please keep me updated. I appreciate.

@weimeng,
You are welcome.

@weimeng,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.2.3 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it. We have added Worksheet.UniqueId property.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.2.3 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.2 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.2.3 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.2 MB)

Thanks for the quick fix. There is one more issue related to this we have, when we use Aspose.Cells to create workbook, insert sheets, then save it, it doesn’t create a uniqueId for every sheet. Is it possible to fix this issue as well?

@weimeng,
We have recorded your comments with the ticket and will share our feedback soon.

@weimeng,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-47204”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Perfect, thanks very much.

Do you know when I am able to get the build including the fix for generating unique Id?

@weimeng,
We are gathering information about this feature and will write back here once any feedback is ready to share.

@weimeng,
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.2.4 (attached). We have added unique id for each new sheet.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.2.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.2 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.2.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.2 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.2.4 For .NetStandard20.Zip (4.4 MB)

Thanks for the fixes, I have tested both of them, they work well for me. Another question, do you know when these fixes will be available in the official release.

@weimeng,

Good to know that your issues are sorted out by the new fix/version. We are scheduled to release our next official release (e.g Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.3) in the next week or so. The date is not finalized as the releases are published when ready. You will be notified once the release is published.

Keep in touch.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47204) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.3. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi