How to hide columns in MS Project File (C# .NET)

Hi,

How to hide or delete columns from Project File i.e., mpp file and save.

I tried with below code, its not working for me,

project.DefaultView.Table.TableFields.Remove(new TableField { Field = Field.TaskResourceNames });

project.Save(@“C:\Ramya\MPP\New\SDM_NewMPP_WithSampleData.mpp”, new MPPSaveOptions { WriteViewData = true });

Please provide me the resolution.

@ramyaakula,

Can you please share source file so that we may further investigate to help you out.

@Adnan.Ahmad

Above already I provided my source code,

Project project = new Projecr(@“C:\Ramya\MPP\Old\blanksdmtemplatea.mpp”)

project.DefaultView.Table.TableFields.Remove(new TableField { Field = Field.TaskResourceNames });

project.Save(@“C:\Ramya\MPP\New\SDM_NewMPP_WithSampleData.mpp”, new MPPSaveOptions { WriteViewData = true });

@ramyaakula,

Can you please share source mpp file which you are using on your end so that i may work on that to help you out.

@Adnan.Ahmad,

PFA my source empty mpp file.

From attached file i need to remove “Resource Names” column.
BlankTemplate.zip (25.4 KB)

@Adnan.Ahmad,

I got the solution, i can able to reove column using below code,

project.DefaultView.Table.TableFields.RemoveAt(8);

1 Like

@ramyaakula,

Its good know to you that have resolved your issue.

How to get the list of hidden columns ?
Can anyone help in that

@mitbilal,
there is no definition of “hidden” columns.

Fields contained in project.DefaultView.Table.TableFields are visible.
Fields not contained in project.DefaultView.Table.TableFields can be considered as “hidden”.

@vasiliysinitsyn so there is no direct way to get the list of hidden columns from MS Project file like we have project.DefaultView.Table.TableFields ?

As mentioned: Fields not contained in project.DefaultView.Table.TableFields can be considered as “hidden”.
From where we can get the complete list of fields which include hidden and visible as well ?

@mitbilal,
you can find all allowed fields in Aspose.Tasks.Field enumeration.

1 Like