How to hide markups when saving docx to pdf using Aspose.Word

Hi,

In Office Word when saving the file to pdf we have the option to hide markups even if the markups are presented in .docx.

It’s also possible to config when using office API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/developer/office-2007/bb256835(v=office.12)), where ‘item’ is the parameter to determine whether the pdf should show/hide markups.

But in Aspose.Word rendering it always shows the markups and I didn’t find the relevant property in PdfSaveOptions to configure this option.

Could you please tell me how to config this option?

Thanks

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach your sample Word document and output PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. Please also create a screenshot highlighting (encircle) the problematic areas in Aspose.Words generated PDF file that you want to show/hide and attach it here for our reference. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve attached the test files and code:

Document convertedDocument = new Document(@"test.docx)
convertedDocument.Save(@"test.pdf");

You can find in the output the markups were shown and I didn’t find a way to hide the bookmarks in the SaveOption.

I can understand we can change layout in Aspose.Word to hide markups in .docx:

convertedDocument.LayoutOptions.RevisionOptions.ShowRevisionMarks = false;

but this changes the .docx document itself.

I’ve also attached a screenshot where you can find we have a save options in Office Word to hide markups in pdf without affecting the original document.

Is it possible to have a similar flag in PdfSaveOptions in Aspose.Words?

Thanks

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can simply accept all tracked changes in the document before saving to PDF. Please see the following code:

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"test.docx");
doc.AcceptAllRevisions();
doc.Save(MyDir + @"17.3.pdf");

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,