We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

How to Install .Cells for use in Visual Studio 2019 SSIS Script Task

I have downloaded and run the Aspose.Cells_20_7.msi file for .NET. I am trying to use the API in a C# Script Task of an SSIS project in Visual Studio 2019. The installation instructions I have found, mention adding a Reference to the solution, but there is no such folder. I have tried >Tools>NuGet Package Manager>PM Console, but get an error. I also tried >Extensions>Manage Extensions but that only gets you to the Aspose download page and nothing more.
Some detailed steps would be appreciated.
TIA

@jeffriesstuart,

Please note, Aspose.Cells is a class (.NET) library (Dll), so it has nothing to do with your issue. The library will work on any platform or solution type which has/supports .NET Framework/runtime. In short, if you could use any custom .NET library in SSIS Script Task, you can do use Aspose.Cells.dll as well. Please browse internet to get relevant docs or threads on how to use or add reference a .NET library in the underlying platform. For example, the following document will give you reference on it:

Please also note, when you install the Aspose.Cells using its MSI installer, it should register the assembly to GAC on the server otherwise you need to manually register the Aspose.Cells assembly to GAC.

Thank you for your advice. As is usual, the solution was too simple. I was looking in the wrong place to add the reference. Once you click on ‘Edit Script’, the C# editor pops up and there it was.

@jeffriesstuart,
We are glad to know that your issue is resolved. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any other query related to Aspose.Cells.