How to manipulate XMP metadata at page level?

Hello.

I’m a developer responsible for testing whether Aspose.PDF meets our requirements to become main PDF library in our solution.

I see that Aspose.PDF allows to manipulate XMP metadata at document level.
Is it possible to manipulate XMP metadata also at page level?

Best regards,
Michal

@michalrakoczy

Can you please explain how you want to achieve it on Page Level? Can you please share a sample PDF that has XMP metadata specified on Page Level? We will investigate the feasibility and share our feedback with you accordingly.

Thank you for answer.

Can you please explain how you want to achieve it on Page Level?

At this moment I am able to work with Document-level metadata in following ways:
method GetXmpMetadata - gets raw XML metadata
method SetXmpMetadata - sets raw XML metadata
property Metadata - allows me to work with XMP metadata in more strongly-typed way

I would like to have similar features for operating XMP metadata at Page level.
Internally the metadata are stored in PDF-Page dictionary with key “Metadata”.

So minimal requirement is to read/write the whole metadata XML like in Document.GetXmpMetadata/Document.SetXmpMetadata.
This way we could read existing page metadata by Page.GetXmpMetadata, alter XMP by using Adobe API and finally write changes by Page.SetXmpMetadata.

It would be nice to have Page.Metadata property to do it same as in Document-level, so we won’t need to use third party libraries for modifying raw XMP/XML.

Can you please share a sample PDF that has XMP metadata specified on Page Level?

Here is example PDF that contains some XMP both at document and per-page level:
Hello World With Xmp 2.pdf (45.8 KB)

@michalrakoczy

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system to investigate the feasibility of this feature.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-55396

We will look into its details and as soon as it is resolved, we will inform you. Please be patient and spare us some time.

Thank for opening feature request.

I am reaching out to kindly inquire if you could provide an approximate timeframe for the implementation of the requested feature.

@michalrakoczy

The ticket will be investigated on a first come first serve basis. Regretfully, we cannot share any ETA at the moment. However, as soon as it is analyzed, we will share our feedback with you. Please spare us some time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.