How to Merge MS Word and PDF documents using Java

Hi,

Currently using aspose word java for various word document related operations like merge, updates, etc. We have a new requirement to merge word and pdf documents together. Saw its support using .Net and with additional aspose pdf license, but is it possible to do this operation using java?

Please let me know.

Thanks
Rajesh

@rramachandra

Unfortunately, import of PDF into Aspose.Words’ DOM is not supported by Aspose.Words for Java. We logged this feature request as WORDSJAVA-2366 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. Once this feature is available, you can import PDF document into Aspose.Words’ DOM and join the PDF with Word document.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks Tahir for your response. In addition to our current Aspose.Words for Java license, if we get the Aspose PDF for Java license - Will it work?

@rramachandra

If you have Aspose.Words and Aspose.PDF licenses, we suggest you please convert PDF to DOCX using Aspose.PDF and then join Word documents using Aspose.Words.

In case, you want to save your final output document to PDF, please convert Word document to PDF using Aspose.Words and then join PDF files using Aspose.PDF.

Thanks, the first option is the one i’m planning to moving forward.

Do you know tentatively when this feature WORDSJAVA-2366 will be completed? Also, I assume when it is done, we’ll be able to merge pdf and word doc with Aspose.Words license itself with out the need of Aspose.PDF - correct?

@rramachandra

Once this feature is available, you can join PDF files using Aspose.Words for Java. The feature WORDSJAVA-2366 has been postponed. Unfortunately, there is no ETA available at the moment for this feature. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on it.

We apologize for your inconvenience.