How to print with Words for Java

I have Aspose.Words for .Net where I can print a Word document just fine. I’d like to be able to do the same using Aspose.Words for Java, but I can’t find any documentation on how to do this. Is this even possible?

As a secondary question, Words will render to PDF. Can I use Words to print the PDF as well or am I forced to buy the PDFKit?

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I believe this feature will most likely be included in the next version of Aspose.Words for Java after syncronization of code between the .NET and Java platform is complete. The next version is due for release in the next month or so. We will keep you informed of any developments.

Thanks,

Hi, do you have an ETA on the feature and the next version release date?
Also, it would be nice see support for PCL.

Regards

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The next version of Aspose.Words for Java will be release hopefully sometime before the end of the year. I'm afraid this version will not have printer support, this should be supported in following version.

Thanks,

Hi, could you provide an update on this please? I have a requirement to send documents from Java to the print queue in an entirely automated fashion (no dialogs). It looks like your .NET product does this because I found the code elsewhere in these forums:

PrinterSettings printerSettings = new PrinterSettings();

printerSettings.PrinterName = @"\\192.168.0.2\hp LaserJet 1010 Series Driver";

doc.Print(printerSettings);

But in Java the Document object does not have a print() method.

I am aware of a third party product "PDFOne" that will do the job (for PDF documents only) but I'd rather handle this in Aspose if possible.
http://www.gnostice.com/nl_article.asp?id=160&t=How_to_Print_a_PDF_Document_in_Java

Thanks,
Henry

Hello

Thanks for your interest in Aspose products. Unfortunately, currently, Aspose.Words for Java does not support document printing. This feature is only available in .NET version of Aspose.Words at the moment. We plan to support document printing in Java version in 2-3 month. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as this feature is available.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-2) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(58)