How to process Smartart

Hi,

I have inserted a smart art in my docx file using MSWord. I want to process each node consecutively. Following file has two nodes(paragraph and DRAWING_ML). When i met such DRAWING_ML node, how should i process such node to take information using aspose words for java API.

Note:clipart, normal image also falls into this category.

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. The current version of Aspose.Words the DrawingML class does not yet provide public methods to interface with the object’s properties. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will keep you informed of when this feature is available.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.But i am unable to take even a simple image properties. Can you provide me a alternate solution?.

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. As a temporary workaround, you can convert your document to DOC. In this case, DrawingML objects will be converted to simple shapes and you will be able to access properties of shapes. Unfortunately, such approach is not ideal because some DrawingML objects might be lost upon converting.

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\in.docx");
// Convert DOCX to DOC.
ByteArrayOutputStream byteStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
doc.save(byteStream, SaveFormat.DOC);
InputStream inputStream = new ByteArrayInputStream(byteStream.toByteArray());
// Create com.aspose.words.Document from InputStream.
doc = new Document(inputStream);
// Here you can get collection of shapes and their properties.
// .......................

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4824) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(10)