How to Read Multiple Answers

Hi Team,

We are using aspose ocr for .net license to read data from OMR sheets

We are having a requirement where we need to see if someone answered more that one answer for a single question, how to read it.

As of now we are using “Grid” control to design the template and this tool can’t read more than one answer per row.

Choice box will not help us because of two reasons.
1. Minimum height of this control is 5, and this size is covering 2 questions area.
2. In case if we have 200 questions, we need to create 200 separate choice boxes. Which is not a feasible solution.

Please check and let us know do we have a solution for this issue.

Please find the attached sample OMR for your reference.

Thanks & Regards,
Manoj
Hi Manoj,

Thank you for your inquiry and providing sample OMR scanned sheet.

Please note that Grid Element does not allow multiple selections. In case multiple selections are marked on the form then the Grid Element will always return the first selection. You have to use Choice Box element if you wish to acknowledge multiple selections.

Furthermore minimum height issue has been logged into our issue tracking system with ID OCR-34308. Our product team will further look into it. We will update you with the progress via this thread.

Hi Team,

I would like to check with you about the status of issue ID OCR-34308.

Regards,
Manoj

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for writing us back.

This is to update you that the issue is currently at analysis stage. We will update you as soon as there is any feedback from product team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as OCR-34308) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Team,

Request you to please check the above issue and please let us know in case if you have fixed the issue.

Thanks!

Regards,
Manoj
Hi Manoj,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is to update you that the issue has been fixed. Please download the version Aspose.OCR for .Net 3.4.0 or higher and try it at your end. Feel free to reach us in case of any query or comments.

Hi Ikram,

Thanks for the update.

Can you please help me to get the process of a new trail version license to check this feature.

Regards,
Manoj
Hi Manoj,

Please access the link Get a Temporary License and follow the instructions on it to get your temporary license.

Hi Team,

Thanks for the update.

Request you to please confirm that which issue that you have addressed here?

I had raised an query with Grid Control, and Grid Control should read multiple shading. Can you please confirm whether this request has been take care or not.

When I’ve tried with the new version of the software, I am not getting the desired output.

Request you to please check and confirm.

Please find the attached Sample Files for your reference.

File 1:- " Sample.docx " :- Having a screen shot of the Template.
File 2:- "Sample Result.csv " :- Output after reading data using the defined template.

Question :

As per the attached template, Question # 2 is having multiple options shaded and for Question # 3 is not shaded any option. But in the result attached, we are getting blank for both questions.

Please help with this.

Thanks & Regards,
Manoj
Hi Manoj,

This is to update you that minimum height issue of Choice box control has been addressed. Furthermore Grid control does not allow multiple selections. In case multiple selections are marked on the form then the Grid control will always return the first selection. You have to use Choice Box element if you wish to acknowledge multiple selections.

It is the default behavior of Grid control to return the first selection, it is not an issue.

Hi Ikram,

Thanks for your response.

But, if you see the sample that I’ve attached with my last update, Grid Control is returning blank in case of multi shade.

Request you to please refer to that attachment.

So, my request is that, in case if there is a multiple selection, if the control can return any special character like “>”, will be really helpful.

Please look into this request.

Regards,
Manoj

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for writing us back.

Please forward us the problematic OMR template that you had referred in your last post. We will investigate the issue that why Grid Control is returning blank in case of multiple selections.

Furthermore a feature request has been logged into our system with ID OCRNET-2859 for returning any special character return on multi selection. Our product team will further look into it. We will update you with the progress via this forum thread.

Hi Team,

Please find the sample file attached as requested.

Not able to upload the Template file. So, emailing you the same.

Regards,
Manoj
Hi Manoj,

Thank you for sharing sample.

We have investigated the issue at our end. Initial investigation shows that the issue persists. The issue has been logged into our system with ID OCRNET-2863. Our product team will further look into it. We will update you with the progress via this forum thread.

Hi Team,

Can you please let us know the status of the issue reported.

Regards,
Manoj
Hi Manoj,

We have requested our product team to provide update on this issue. we will share the updates with you as soon as we receive any.

Hi Team,

Can you please let us know the status of the issue reported.

Regards,
Manoj
Hi Manoj,

Regarding OCRNET-2863, our product team has further looked into this issue. This is to update you Grid element is designed for input of string data, such as "Roll No" and "Question Booklet No" like in the image provided by you. It is suggested that there should be a separate ChoiceBox element per answer, not a single Grid element for all answers.

Please try the above mentioned solution at your end. Feel free to reach us in case of any query or comments.

Hi Team,

Thanks for the update.

I’ve tried with Choice Box as you advised. But, I am not able to get the required data.

Please find the sample screenshot attached. I’ve created 6 Choice Box Elements, and only the third choice box is returning the value. and from 4th to 6th choice box is giving an error “Recognition is limited to 3 elements per page”.

Request you to please look into it and advise.

Regards,
Manoj