How to retain same 'view' as source file

Hi,

While converting any MPP to PDF, it’s not clear to me how exactly to retain the same view and format as the source project file, like Resource Usage, Resource Sheet, Resource Form, Resource Graph, etc

Project class has getViews method, but it doesn’t seem to be returning the current view of source that can be given to pdfSaveOptions.setView.

Can you pls let me know.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for your sharing your concern with us.

I have analyzed your requirement and would like to share that this feature is currently not supported. I have logged an enhancement ticket id: TASKS-33715 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our development team. Once there is any information available in this regard, I’ll update you here via this thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks Kashif … Can you just link this issue (TASKS-33715) with this thread too ?

So as of now Aspose Tasks seems to be supporting only five default views as per ProjectView class - i.e. AssignmentView (which view is this by the way ? I don’t see it in the list in MS Project), GanttChartView, ResourceSheetView, ResourceUsageView, and TaskSheetView.

But apparently there are many other views in MS Project if we look at ‘View’ tab -> ‘Other Views’ -> ‘More Views’, there some 27 different views available in this list. Is there a plan to implement them in future ?

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support again.

This thread is linked to the ticket TASKS-33715 now and following are the supported views (defined by Aspose.Tasks.Visualization.PresentationFormat enumeration):

• GanttChart
  • TaskUsage
  • ResourceUsage
  • ResourceSheet
  • TaskSheet

I would like to share that there is no plan to implement other views yet. Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Tasks.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-33715) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Kashif,

This issue has been marked as fixed, can you share some details like how exactly will I achieve this requirement in my code with Tasks7.0, i.e. how do I read the view of source MPP file ?

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

The latest version of Aspose.Tasks API adds DefaultView property to the Project class that can be get using getDefaultView(). This default view contains the Table Collection that can be read to get further information about the view. Please note that while rendering the MPP file to PDF, the default view will be rendered to the output and there is no need to set it explicitly in your code. Please let us know if we can be of any additional help to you in this regard.

Thanks Kashif !

You are welcome Rajiv and please feel free to write to us in case of other queries/inquiries related to Aspose.Tasks.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.