How to retrieve chart/images from an existing excel file using aspose (Android)?

Hi

I would like to know if there is a way to retrieve a chart from an existing excel file to be displayed onto the ImageView/any method that I can use to display the chart to the user in android using aspose ?

Thank you.

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

As discussed in Live Chat, you can use Chart.toImage() method to save your Excel charts into images. Besides, you can save your images in File Stream or Byte Array Output Stream. Please see the following documentation article for your reference.

Hi,

I had tried and is now able to retrieve the chart, however it seems like every time it goes through this line “chart.toImage(bArray, imgOpts);”, it will slow down my android device. I had tried using the simple chart given from the sample from this link
Chart Rendering|Documentation
and it only improve a little and not much, it is still slow. So may I know if there are any ways that I can use to display the image to the user instantly?

Thank you.

Regards,
Jacqueline.

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for investigation with the issue id: CELLSANDROID-48. Once, there is some fix or other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Please refer to this post in your other thread.

( Chart to image creation is very slow (Android- aspose.cells) )