How to retrieve images as EMF files?

If there is an embedded EMF files in a OneNote page, currently it looks like it returns always PNG file when call Image.Bytes. How can I get the raw image data in EMF format.

IList nodes = document.GetChildNodes(Aspose.Note.NodeType.Image);
foreach (Aspose.Note.Image image in nodes)
{
// image.FileName is my_image.emf
// but image.Extension is .PNG
// and image.Bytes is in PNG
// How can I get the image raw data in EMF format
}

Thanks.

Hi,
Thank you for this inquiry.
We have investigated this issue. Unfortunately, the property Image.Bytes does not depend on Image.Extension, but we will add the dependency for it in the next release and the bytes array will fit to extension.
You can get the raw image in the following way:

IList nodes = document.GetChildNodes(Aspose.Note.NodeType.Image);
foreach (Aspose.Note.Image image in nodes)
{ 
Bitmap bitmap = new Bitmap(new MemoryStream(image.Bytes));
using (Graphics graphics = Graphics.FromImage(bitmap))
{
bitmap.Save("file or stream", ImageFormat.Emf); 
}
}

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Sergey Chereshnyuk

Hi Yongwen,

In addition to the above reply, we have logged this task under ticket id NOTENET-394 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

You might misunderstand me here. The problem is not about converting the image.Bytes from png to emf, but I want the image’s raw data in EMF format. Because EMF format contains some metadata under the picture layer, and we need retrieve those metadata. So if you could create another method like Aspose.Note.Image.RawData, it will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Hi Yongwen,

Thank you for being patient. We have logged an investigation to check the possibility to support this feature request. This task has been logged under ticket id NOTENET-399 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience you faced.

Thanks. This is quite important issue for us. Could you estimate when this can be solved? Thanks.

Hi Yongwen,

Thank you for your inquiry. Your issue has just been logged and it will take some time for our development team to further investigate the feature request. Anyway, I have asked the responsible developer to take a look at this issue shortly. As soon as he is done with his analysis of your reported issue, then we will be able to provide you an ETA.

Hello,

Any update on the development on our request. Our customers are really pushing us on this. Thanks.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that this issue is pending for analysis and not resolved yet. This feature is going to take some time before its resolution. Our development team has plans to resolve this issue. It is expected to be resolved at the start of November 2014. It all depends upon if everything goes by plans. We will let you know once the issue is resolved.

Hello, I am following up to check the status of this issue. Could you give us an update? It was said it would be done last Month.

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your inquiry. We’re sorry to share with you that the issue id NOTENET-399 is not resolved yet. The issue is more complex than we initially estimated. We need to work on some sub tasks / features in order to fix the reported issue which might take longer than usual. We’ll let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.

Any update on this? We have being waiting for this for a while…

Hi Tony,

Thank you for contacting support. Unfortunately, there are no updates on it. The issue id (NOTENET-399) has some sub tasks, those appear more complex than usual. Our product team has resolved many of them, but we can’t provide ETA at the moment because of issue complexity. We hope, you understand. Please spare us a little time. We’ll let you know once tentative estimates are available.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue ids NOTENET-394 and NOTENET-399 have now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then their fixes will be included in the next version of Aspose.Note for .NET 1.8.0. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

• The issues you have found earlier (filed as NOTENET-399;NOTENET-394) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.