How To Set ParagraphFormat.FarEastLineBreakControl

Hi everybody.

I’m having a problem converting from Word to PDF.
On the word side I’m setting the “Use Asian rules for controlling first and last characters” property for the paragraph. So I can set the special characters not to be displayed at the beginning/end of the line.

According to the documentation below, it can also be set up in
Aspose, the results were not as expected.
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/paragraphformat/fareastlinebreakcontrol
This is my code.
Screenshot 2022-08-22 173503.png (8.6 KB)

Can anyone help me?

@hailc2 Could you please attach your problematic document here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

@Konstantin.Kornilov

Thank for your reply. This is my document.
There is include the word file, convert pdf file end, problem location.
sample.zip (471.5 KB)

:bowing_man:

@hailc2 Could you please clarify your problem? The ParagraphFormat.FarEastLineBreakControl works as expected on my side and “Use Asian rules for controlling first and last characters” flag is updated in the MS Word GUI if I change it in the Aspose.Words DOM and save to DOCX. Or you having problems with Aspose.Words PDF output being different from MS Word? If yes could you please attach the expected PDF output generated by MS Word on your side?

Also could you please attach the “IBM Plex Sans” and “IBM Plex Sans JP” fonts used in the document?

Sorry for the confusing communication.
I have compiled my problem into excell file along with word, pdf, font files.
My Problem Explain.zip (1.8 MB)

1.my problem explain.xlsx
2.input_sample.docm
3.output_sample.pdf
4.IBM-Plex-Sans.zip

Look forward to the help.

@hailc2 Thank you for additional information. We have managed to reproduce the problem. For a sake of correction it has been logged as WORDSNET-24240. We will keep you updated and let you know once it is resolved or we have more information for you.

@alexey.noskov

Thank you so much.

1 Like