How to set printer driver settings

Hi,

I have to set parameters (select type : bond, plain…, select staple or not, select output media) for printing.

I have found how to set this parameters with .NET but not with Aspose.PDF printing.

How can I do that ?

Thank you.

Fabien.

Hi Fabien,

Thanks for contacting support.

The current release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to set above stated parameters. However for the sake of correction, I have logged this requirement as PDFNEWNET-36469 in our issue tracking system. The development team will further look into the details of these requirements and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

However, please note that PdfViewer honors the settings against PrinterSettings and PageSettings classes. For further details, please visit Working with PDF printing (Facades)

Hello,

I can’t access to “JIRA” (?) with my account and I can’t create an account.

"Your JIRA administrator has not yet configured this contact form. Please
contact your JIRA instance administrator with the error that you have
encountered."

Thank you.

Hi Fabien,

Thanks for your patience.

JIRA is our internal issue management system and I am afraid you might not have access to this system. Nevertheless, as soon as we have made some definite progress towards the resolution of earlier reported issue, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction within this forum thread.

Hi,

I do not have any news about this issue.

Best regards,

Hi Fabien,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the reported issue is still not resolved due to other priority tasks. However we have requested our development team to investigate the issue and share an ETA at their earliest. As soon as we get a feedback, we will notify you via this forum thread.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi Fabien,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated the enhancement requested earlier to set printer driver settings and as per our observations, the printer driver settings are very specific to particular printer.

The .Net Framework provides extra printing features in WPF (Presentation Foundation), but Aspose.Pdf.dll cannot use it and I am afraid we do not have any plans to introduce its dependency in a short time period.

Another option is use WinAPI functionality, but this is not an option because it is not safe and non-cross-platform.

What we could suggest is to try to implement settings described in following article:
http://nicholas.piasecki.name/blog/2008/11/programmatically-selecting-complex-printer-options-in-c-shar/

You may consider using DEVMODE setting with printerSettings which are provided to PdfViewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings method.

Please try using the above suggestions and share your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-36469) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

I used to think that setting up a printer and installing drivers was a very easy and quick task, but when I bought my own printer I realized that it was very difficult … I searched for guides on YouTube and asked my friends but no one knew exactly how to do this. As a result, after a few hours, I still managed to connect my printer. I was very happy, but after two weeks of use, I ran into problems again. This time it turned out that due to improper use of the printer, the cartridges quickly stopped working. My friend told me that I can find reliable and durable models in one online store and I ordered cartridges from there, but the size was different. As a result, I spent more than a month to completely eliminate all errors. After this challenge, I do not like to use a printer and this is completely normal :slight_smile:

@underwood1988

This is our internal issue management system and you cannot have access to it. However, would you please share for which issue you need to check the status?