How to set Tiff Compression when using PdfConverter.GetNextImage?

Dear Aspose,

I just bought Aspose.Pdf.Kit and used it to convert a PDF file to individual Tiff files. The following is my codes:

PdfConverter converter = new PdfConverter();

converter.BindPdf("PDF File Name");

converter.DoConvert();

string suffix = ".tif";

int count = 1;

while (converter.HasNextImage())

{

//Put the individual tiff files into a temp folder

converter.GetNextImage("Individual Tiff File Names");

count++;

}

How can I set Tiff Compression in this scenario? I know you can do that with

SaveAsTIFF method. But that is used for converting a PDF file to one Tiff file.
This is urgent. Please help!

Hi Vivian,

I’m sorry to inform you that specifying Tiff compression while converting PDF to TIFF images using GetNextImage method is currently not supported. However, we have already logged a new feature request as PDFKITNET-17558 in our issue tracking system. You’ll be notified via this forum thread once it is supported in our future versions.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Thanks.

So what is the default Tiff compression type when using GetNextImage method?

Hi Vivian,

While converting PDF to TIFF images using GetNextImage method, no compression type is used.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

So you are saying, no compression at all for Tiff when using GetNextImage method?

Hi Vivian,

Yes, while saving PDF pages to TIFF images using GetNextImage method, no compression is applied. As I mentioned earlier, we have already logged a feature to support TIFF compression types for GetNextImage method. You’ll be notified via this forum thread once this is supported.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

I also need this feature, any update for it?

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to set TIFF compression while converting PDF file to TIFF image. In order to accomplish your requirement, please try using any value from CompressionType enumeration. Please follow the instructions specified over Convert all PDF pages to single TIFF Image

In case you encounter any issue, please share the source PDF file.