How To Track Changes Without Sharing Workbook?

Hi Team,

Normally, when you apply the Track Changes feature in Excel, the workbook will be shared at the same time, this will be annoying because some of the features in Excel will be disabled. I have to covert table to range and this is not what I want.
How can I track changes without sharing workbook?

Thank you,
pa

@rudolfkalik,

Thanks for your query.

How could you accompiish the task in MS Excel? When you set track changes, the workbook would be automatically shared. Please create your desired workbook (set track changes but workbook is not shared) in MS Excel manually and provide us here. Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards and specifications. If MS Excel can do this, Aspose.Cells will do the same.

Thank you for quick reply,

By default for Track changes we have ability to keep change history for 30 days.

Is it possible to update days programmatically from Aspose?

Thank you,
pa

@rudolfkalik,

We did evaluate your task. It looks like a new feature as I could not find relevant API to accomplish your task (“Update “Keep change history” when Sharing Workbook”), see the screenshot for your reference:

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45791” for your requirements/issue. Our concerned developer from product team will evaluate it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@rudolfkalik,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fix after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Once the fix is available for public use, we will share the Download link here.

Thanks for the update.

pa

@rudolfkalik

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following latest fix and let us know your feedback.

Please try the latest fix 17.11.6 with Workbook.Worksheets.RevisionLogs.DaysPreservingHistory property.

Thank you very much.

pa

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45791) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.12 update.

Please also check the following article: