How To update custom properties of AutoCad File(.dwg) using Aspose.CAD Java

Hello,

We have a requirement to update custom properties of AutoCad file (.dwg). Could you please let me know if we can achieve this using Aspose.Cad for Java. Please share code snippet for updating custom properties.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sourav Kar

@souravkar,

I have observed your comments. Can you please visit this DWG Drawings article. This will help you to achieve your requirements. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

Hello Adnan (@Adnan.Ahmad) ,

Thanks for your input.

Our requirement is to Read the custom properties from Autocad file and set some value on it as per business logic.

We could not get the custom properties. So we have tried to get Default properties, using below code, still we are getting null value for below code as well:

com.aspose.cad.system.collections.Generic.List header1 = cadImage.getHeader().getHeaderProperties().get(CadHeaderAttribute.LASTSAVEDBY);

Please check the above code snippet and let us know the correct way to achieve the requirement.

Regards,
Sourav

@souravkar,

I have observed your requirements and have not been able to completely understand them. Can you please provide the source DWG file with desired properties and along with information that what properties you want to extract. We will be able to investigate the issue on our end on provision of requested information. Please also provide the source code used on your end as well.

@mudassir.fayyaz,

Thanks for your response.

We have requirement to update the value of Custom Properties of AutoCad Files (.dwg).

I am attaching the AutoCad file (10000763.dwg) which has some custom properties like: DESCRIPTION_LINE_1, DESCRIPTION_LINE_2, SCALE, WEIGHT, DOCUMENT_NO (I am attaching the screenshot of the custom properties as well).

Using Aspose.CAD Java API, we need set the value of these custom properties. Could please let share some code snippet / java methods to achieve this.

Regards,
Sourav

Custom-Properties.png (7.1 KB)
Files-With-Custom-Properties.zip (197.9 KB)

@souravkar,

I have discussed the requirements with our product team and regret to share that at present the requested support is unavailable in Aspose.Slides. An issue with ID CADJAVA-163 has been created in our issue tracking system to provide the requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the support will be available.