How to use aspose.pdf to justify text

Hi, I’m new to Aspose and a competent user of SSRS but not advanced. I’m evaluating Aspose and wonder how I add code to justify text in a textbox? I have searched the site and can’t see anything that describes step by step how to achieve this. The closest I’ve found is for 2005 below but am using 2008 R2.

The code example was (where does it go in 2008 R2?):
<Textbox Name=“textbox1”>

AsposePdf4RS

Footnote
An optional PDF renderer for SSRS from Aspose

I’m having the same trouble with the “FullJustify” property. The example shows the older XML where Textbox has a Value node. In 2008 R2 on up the Value node is under paragraph, paragraphs, textruns, textrun.

Aspose seems to be installed correctly and the “PDF via Aspose.Pdf” export works(and has evaluation watermark text) but the Justify is not working. Placing the custom property under the text run node causes an validation issue in the designer and the report will not load.

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for contacting support.

In order to accomplish your requirement, please follow the instructions specified over

In case you encounter any issue, please share the resource .RDL file.

I’ve followed the instructions from both those links but still not luck with fulljustify. I’ve attached the sample report and posted the xml for one of the text boxes below

true
true
this is some really long text which should wrap around and more longtext to we hope it will then be justified and hoepfully this will solve it
rd:DefaultNameTextbox3</rd:DefaultName>
1.79042in
0.94667in
0.58333in
3.6875in
None
2pt
2pt
2pt
2pt
Aspose.TextAlignment
FullJustify

Thanks

Hi Nayyer, Your response sounds like a hint to look at other products elsewhere as I’ve tried contacting your support, posting on the forum here to get an answer but to no avail. I’ve read the documents attached before asking the question and they take me no further.

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for sharing the details and sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that in earlier post, I have share the link of documentation which defines some simple steps to render text inside .RDL with Justification Alignment in resultant PDF document. However we have noticed that text justification feature is not working in current release and for the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFREP-33488 in our issue tracking system. Please note that development team has already started investigating this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer, Thanks for taking this forward. What is the target date for delivering the PDFREP-33488 fix?

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your patience.

We recently have published Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 3.0.0 in which we have fixed Justify Alignment for report contents when using Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services with Report Viewer in local mode. However the FullJustify alignment is still not being honored. Nevertheless, the development team is working on fixing the problem PDFREP-22488 regarding FullJustify alignment and as soon as we have made some definite progress towards its resolution, we will let you know.

For your reference, I have attached the resultant file with Justify alignment when using latest release.

Hi, Just following up - has the Full Justify issue in SSRS been fixed? we would like to use your product and this is the main feature we’re looking for.

Thanks,
-NICK

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has started investigating the issue reported earlier and we have a plan to get this problem fixed in next release of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 3.2.0. As soon as the problem is fixed and new release becomes available, we will let you know.

Hi.

How to use aspose.pdf to justify text in ssrs 2008?

I followed yours instructions…
But … it’s not working. aspose.pdf seems to be installed correctly and the “PDF via Aspose.Pdf” export works(and has evaluation watermark text) but the Justify is not working.

I installed all manually following the steps in:
Install to visual studio report designer

I used the version 3.3 (free trial) —> Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices_3.3 —> Bin —> SSRS2008

I copied that dll in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies folder.

Please, see the attached files …

Hi Javila,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share your source RDL file, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. Please ensure to enclose the data source which are referenced inside .RDL file, so that we can replicate the problem in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.