How to use Aspose.Words with Flex

Hi.
I am building a flex web application (which will be working on an intranet and won’t have any internet access).
One of the parts is to open microsoft word in the flex application (in a flex widget), allow user to edit the word doc and then save it.
I heard of aspose.words from some folks, but i haven’t found a version for flex.
I want to know how to use aspose.words with flex.
Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words.

First of all, please note that Aspose.Words is just a class library and with it you can programmatically generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®. So, it does not offer any UI or web control for performing these document processing tasks. For more information please visit the following link:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/product-overview/

Secondly, we will consider writing an article on the ‘usage of Aspose.Words in Flex framework’. I have logged a ticket (WORDSNET-7812) in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this ticket and you will be notified as soon as it is available.

Please let us know if you need more information; we are always glad to help you.

Best regards,

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

As my colleague Awais has pointed out, Aspose.Words does not provide any editor to modify documents with, however you can still view documents using a variety of different features in Aspose.Words. One of the most appropriately here would be to convert the document to SWF and display on your page. You can find an online example of this in our examples section.

You can get .NET to work from a flex application but the Aspose.Words DLL will need to be housed on your server and an appropriate protocol chosen to communicate between it and your flex application.

Thanks,