How to use custom tag for LINQ Reporting Engine using .NET

Hi, I’m using Aspose Word LINQ Reporting Engine to populate dynamic text to a word document from data object and it works very well.

But I need to insert a custom tag in the word document and replace it with some custom content. What is the best way to do it using LINQ Reporting Engine?

I used to do it using the HandleMergeFieldInsertObject Class in the Aspose.Words.Document API, that’s a Mail Merge process. Just wondering is there a similar mechanism in LINQ Reporting Engine, where I can insert some call back custom code in the report building process?

Please advise.

Thank you

@mailzhengli

You can use find and replace feature of Aspose.Words to find the custom tag and replace it with desired content.

Please note that LINQ Reporting Engine and the Mail Merge Engine are quite different. While dealing with Mail Merge and facing an unusual scenario, the first thing you normally would look at is Callbacks. For LINQ Reporting Engine, this should be a Custom Type. A custom type should not necessarily represent a domain entity (in terms of Domain-Driven Design), it can be a service or anything else. Support of custom types covers all scenarios where mail merge callbacks are needed. We suggest you pleas read following article for more detial.
Template Syntax