How to use different incoming & outmail mail settings?

In outlook I see you can specify different incoming and outgoing email servers. In the Aspose Email documentation, I do not see that.

Also, can you specify different encryption for incoming & outgoing email?
Such as StartTLS for incoming & SSL/TLS for outgoing?

Lastly, how can you specify different ports for incoming & outgoing email?

Is this possible?

Thanks

@AroundLilac

You can use different servers for incoming and outgoing email using Aspose.Email. You can make different connection for sending and receiving emails. Please read the following article for more detail.
Connecting to Exchange Server

Yes, you can set desired encryption using Aspose.Email. Please check the class SecurityOptions and following code example. Please also check the code example shared in above article.

// Connect to Exchange Server using ImapClient class
ImapClient imapClient = new ImapClient("ex07sp1", 993, "Administrator", "Evaluation1", new RemoteCertificateValidationCallback(RemoteCertificateValidationHandler));
imapClient.SecurityOptions = SecurityOptions.SSLExplicit;

Thank you for the response. I did not see the option in the mentioned documentation link.
I was hoping to be able to set a different incoming and outgoing server for imap, smtp and exchange.
Also also set different ports for incoming, and a different port for outgoing, same thing for setting different security for incoming & outgoing.

@AroundLilac

We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system as EMAILNET-40668. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on it. We apologize for your inconvenience.

1 Like

@AroundLilac

Please note that SMTP protocol typically used only for sending messages. For retrieving messages, IMAP and POP3 is standard. Aspose.Email has SmtpClient, ImapClient and Pop3Client with separate settings.