How to use group feature in Pivot table using Aspose?

Our ASP.net 2.0 application imports some data from Oracle to Excel.

I have two questions.

1. How to use the group feature in Pivot table using Aspose? It is equivalent to using Excel menu Data → Group and Outline → Group.
  2. The group field must be date or time. We want to convert the column data from text to date. It can be done using Excel Menu Data-> Text to columns. How do we use this feature in Aspose?

Thanks

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for consideirng Aspose.

1). Please check the documenation topic: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/groupingungrouping-rows-and-columns.html

2). You may try to use Cells.ImportDataTable(DataTable dataTable, bool isFieldNameShown, int firstRow, int firstColumn, int rowNumber, int columnNumber, bool insertRows, string dateFormatString, bool convertStringToNumber) overloaded version of the method where the last parameter should be set to true for your need.

Thank you.

This is not the grouping which I was looking for. I am attaching an Excel file to demonstration the feature.

No Group worksheet is a pivot table. If I click the timestamp cell (B3) and select Data->Group and outline → Group, Grouping dialog shows. If I select grouping by month, it will display the data by month.

What is the equivalent API in ASPOSE?

Thanks

Charlie

Hi Chalie,

Thanks for providing us the details.

Well, I 'm afraid the feature (Grouping pivot table data) is not supported. We will look into the feature in future.

Thank you.