Html body and Priority

We are processing MSG files to extract all the values. But I don't see how we can extract HTML Body and Importance values out of these msg files. I have tried using MapiMessage. When I use MailMessage, I see I can get the HTMLBody but IsHtmlBody is always false irrespective of the html values I get from HtmlBody property. Also, I see Priority is always showing as Normal. I tried the latest 5.0 version and even that does not seem to help.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

For extracting Html body from the email, please use the MailMessage class. I can reproduce the behavior of IsHtmlBody property at my end. We will look into it. I have also logged it in our issue tracking system (ID: 14780). We will notify you when it gets fixed.

I have tested loading emails with high, normal and low priority in MailMessage class and the MailMessage.Priority property was showing correct property for the respective message. Could you please tell which OS (32/64-bit) and .NET framework version you are using?

I have tried 32bit on Windows XP Pro as well as 64bit Windows 7 on Visual Studio 2008 - .NET 3.5. Please note that we are processing MSG files extracted from Exchange Server 2003 using MailStore program. When we open these MSG files in Outlook they show the right Importance but MailMessage always show as Normal no matter what. Also, what does Sensitivity show? I'm always seeing its value as None.

Thanks!

One more thing I just noticed is - when I create a new message in Outlook with Importance set to high and sensitivity as Confidential, MailMessage is showing the Priority as High but Sensitivity is None. Another thing I noticed is - opened an existing msg file (exported file from MailStore) which already was set to High Importance and tried to change its value to Low and open it using MailMessage and that does not seem to make any difference to the Priority flag. Changing it back to High did not show me a changed value in MailMessage as well.

Hello, any update on the issues I mentioned?

Hi,

I can reproduce the issue when a new message file is created and saved from Outlook. I have logged it as a bug in our issue tracking system (ID: 14909). We will notify you when we fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14909;14780) have been fixed in [this update](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry229369.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.