HTML Conversion - Issue with Track Changes
We have an OEM site license for Aspose Words.Net. We use it as a core part of a multi user document management solution to present an HTML view of the Word document as it undergoes editing by users of the system.
A key part of the solution is to visualize track changes information, so that users can see the in play edits without opening word.
The conversion works well, except that the red color for the altered text is lost during the conversion process.
Documents converted with Word Save As HTML correctly show the tracked changes in red.
The steps to reproduce are as follows
1. Open any existing Word document
2. Turn on Track Changes
3. Make a number of changes to the document
4. Save the document
5. Use Aspose Words.NET to convert the document to HTML
1. Tracked changes are correctly processed and the strikethroughs are present on the altered content in the resulting HTML
2. The color attribute is lost from the tracked changes. They end up being black, as opposed to red in the converted HTML
The tracked changes are Red in color