Html conversion mistakes

Hi

I am evaluating the Aspose components (Words, Pdf, Cells, Slides) for file conversions and I encounter a problem with Html file conversion.
I use the Aspose.Words component to convert Html files to jpeg images. With some Html files, the conversion generates too much pages. I have for example an Html that generates 30 pages whereas Intenet Explorer displays only 2 pages in its print preview.

If I convert the same Html file to an .RTF file thanks to Microsoft Office Word and then I convert the .RTF with Aspose.Word, I have exactly the same problem.

If I convert the Html file to a .DOC file with Microsoft Office Word and then I convert the .DOC file with
Aspose.Word, I have not the same error but the result is not good too.

The Html file is non public so I can’t attach it to this post. If you want these files, give me an email address where I can send them.

Thank you for your help

Best Regards.

Régis

Hi

Thanks for your request. You can send e-mail via our site. Please send the documents to my e-mail, as described here:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/aspose-words-faq/2711
Best regards.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Partially the problem occurs because there are merged cells in your HTML document. This is the issue #7739 in our defect database. As a workaround, you can try removing content from merged cells as shown in the following code:

Document doc = new Document(@"in.html", LoadFormat.Html, "");
// Remove content from merged cells
// Get collection of cells in the docuemnt
NodeCollection cells = doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Cell, true);
foreach(Cell cell in cells)
{
    // Check whether cell is merged with previouse
    if (cell.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge == CellMerge.Previous ||
        cell.CellFormat.VerticalMerge == CellMerge.Previous)
    {
        // Remove content from the cell
        cell.RemoveAllChildren();
    }
}
doc.SaveToPdf(@"out.pdf");

However, the output width of the table is incorrect. This is the issue #8579 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as these issues are resolved.
Best regards.

Hi,
Thank you for your fast answer. I try the code that you send to me. Really, it permits to reduce the number of generated images (only 3 images now). I will inform you, if I have other problems.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 8579) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7739) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)