Html image map

Hello,

I have a question on the HTML / Image exporter.

Is it possible to create a HTML image map?

We’d like to have “click” events to certain shapes.

If this is not possible, can we calculate the wrapping poligon of a shape before saving?
With this feature we can create our own image map.

Thank you for your nice Diagram tool. I hope this is saving us some work.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Diagram mimics the behavior of Microsoft Visio. You can export Visio diagram to HTML file format. I’m afraid. You cannot create an HTML image map within Aspose.Diagram component.

If this is not possible, can we calculate the wrapping poligon of a shape before saving?

With this feature we can create our own image map.

I have logged an investigation under ticket id DIAGRAM-33358 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this feature and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us a little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

imran.rafique:

I have logged an investigation under ticket id DIAGRAM-33358 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this feature and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us a little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you!

I suggest a very simple render hock interface. It should be no problem to add
to your API:

diagram.SaveOption.AddImageRenderHook(myHook);

public interface RenderHook
{
void OnInitImageSize(int width, int height);

void OnRenderLine(int shapeID, Polygon poly);
void OnRenderPolygon(int shapeID, Polygon poly);
void OnRenderText(int shapeID, Rect rect);
void OnRenderCircle(int shapeID, int x, int y, int radius);
}

public class Point { public int x; public int y; }

public class Polygon { public Point[] Points; }

public class Rect { public Point TopLeft; public Point BottomRight; }

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have passed these details to our development team. As soon as we have made some significant progress, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

any progress on this topic?

We are willing to help, test and throw another developer company as customer to your sales people :wink:

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that this issue is not yet resolved. This issue is pending for analysis. I have asked the responsible developer to take a look at your issue shortly. Also, we have planned to include the fix of issue id DIAGRAM-33358 in our Aspose.Diagram for .NET 3.3.0. If everything goes by plan, we’ll be able to provide you the fix in the starting week of June 2013. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is fixed and available for public use.

Hi,

is there a release date for this enhancement?

Thanks for your inquiry. From the specifics of the ticket id DIAGRAM-33358, can you please explain a bit more about your requirement? I mean do you only need to set/get shape’s attributes? We now have some methods to get/set shape’s attributes. E.g. like this sample code:

Shape shape = diagram.Pages[0].Shapes[0];
shape.SetHeight(5);
shape.SetWidth(5);
XForm form = shape.XForm;
form.PinX.Value = 4;
form.PinY.Value = 4;

Also please go through these documentation links and let me know your thoughts:

Hi,

that looks quite well! It might be the solution to what we want to archive.

Let me try this out next week and give you some feedback.

Thank you for your help!
Hi

Thanks for the information. Sure, we are waiting for your feedback. We are looking forward to assist you with your requirements.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.