Free Support Forum - aspose.com

HTML to Excel rendering Style issue

Hello,


I am trying to take an HTML file and export it as XLS. I am able to do so with the following code, however, the inline CSS styles on the and tags are not rendered. I have tried opening the HTML file directly in Excel and it opens correctly.

var loadOptions = new HTMLLoadOptions(LoadFormat.Html);

var workbook = new Workbook(@“C:\test.html”, loadOptions);

workbook.Save(Context.Response, “Test.xls”, ContentDisposition.Attachment, new XlsbSaveOptions());
I have attached the HTML file. I am using the latest version 8.3.2. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if you need additional information.

Thank you,
Harris

Hi Harris,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after convert your HTML file into Excel and found Excel file has rendering issues.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

  • CELLSNET-43360 - Style Issue with HTML to Excel

I have attached the output Excel file and screenshot showing the source HTML inside Microsoft Excel for a reference.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\test.html”;


var loadOptions = new HTMLLoadOptions(LoadFormat.Html);

var workbook = new Workbook(filePath, loadOptions);


workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xls”, SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);

Shakeel,


Thank you for looking into this issue so quickly. Is there an estimated time frame of when this issue will be fixed and/or is there a place that I can check on the status of the incident?

Thanks,
Harris

Hi Harris,


Thank you for contacting back.

The ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-43360 is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue with other tasks. We cannot share an estimated release schedule for the fix unless we have properly analyzed the presented scenario to isolate the problem cause. Please spare us little time for the investigation. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Regarding your other concern, the ticket details are for internal use only therefore you can only check the status of the ticket from the left hand pane of your first post. Currently it shows Unresolved. Once the issue is fixed, the status will be changed accordingly.

I am experiencing the same issue with the latest version of Aspose.Cells. Was this issue fixed or prioritized or was it still pending? I don’t see a way to see the status of it against the first post.


Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I tested this issue with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.5.1.5
and found this issue is not yet fixed. However, we have already fixed many html and style issues. Mostly these issues are related to customer specific files. Please create a new thread and post your issue and files there. We will look into your issue separately and fix the errors if possible at the earliest.

@harris.cohen

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-43360 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@harris.cohen

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43360) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43360) have been fixed in this update. Please also check the following article:* <a href="https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Installation