HTML to Excel Worksheets

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-45029,CELLSJAVA-45034) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 23.1.

Thank you for the update on the releases. CELLSJAVA-44907 Is an important feature because it allows redlining in cells, and would definitely motivate an upgrade. Any ETA on that yet?

@afitz,

No ETA on specific issue “CELLSJAVA-44907” yet but you may try latest version of the API which has enhancements. Anyways, please note, we already logged separate (relevant) sub tickets (filed as CELLSJAVA-45029, CELLSJAVA-45034) and fixed them already.

@afitz @mlyra
Have you tried 23.1?
If you still has issues , please share your sample project and files , we will check it soon.

Hello Simon, its been a busy few months. I hope all is well! This is a new question. When creating header and footer data, how should a line break be formatted within the mso-header-data or mso-footer-data string? For example I have line breaks formatted in “\000A” in my input, and I have tried lots of other character entities for line break but cannot get the line break to work:
@page
{mso-header-data:"&L&10Left Top Row\000ALeft Middle Row\000A&11\000A&C&\0022-,Bold\0022Center Top Title\000ACenter Middle Title&R&10Right Top Row\000ARight Middle Row\000ARight Bottom Row";
mso-footer-data:"&L&10Left Top Footer \000ALeft Middle Footer \000ALeft Bottom Footer &C&\0022-,Bold\0022Center Footer&R&10Right Top Footer\000ARight Middle Footer\000ARight Bottom Footer";
margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;
mso-header-margin:.5in;
mso-footer-margin:.5in;}
But the line breaks do not happen in the output and the content overlaps in the header and footer. I have attached the expected output, the input file, and output file. Thank you for your help!
ExcelXLSXHeadersFooters.7z (13.6 KB)

@afitz
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45249

We will fix this issue that NewLine does not work when converting mht to excel

@afitz
Which version are you using?
It works fine with 23.3 with your input file, please check the attached file 23.3.zip (7.5 KB)
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(dir + “InputMHTMLfile.mht”);
workbook.save(dir +“23.3.xlsx”);

Hi, We have version 20.11 of Aspose.cells. I opened the file you attached and I see no header or footer data. Thank you for your help

@afitz,

Please open the Excel file into MS Excel manually. Now take the Print Preview of the sheet or open “Page Layout” view from View menu. You will find those headers and footer are sorted fine.

Thank you Amjad, I see them know, I was in Monday-mode and only looked at the second sheet. I see them on the first sheet. Alright, so we need version 23.3 of Aspose.cells for “\000A” to work as a line break. Thank you!

@afitz,

It is nice to know that you figured it out now. Should you have further queries or issue, feel free to write us back.

Hello Aspose.cells friends! If I were to create an internal link between sheets in a workbook I can achieve it by giving the href the sheet name and cell I want to go to, if I wanted to leave sheet “DiDi” and go to sheet “LaLa” I would do so like:
<a href="#LaLa!A1" target="_parent"> Take me to sheet LaLa</a>
I can achieve this using a format that is not .xlsx and not Aspose.cells, but I cannot achieve it with Aspose.cells .xlsx format and I get error messages, I think my href path changes in the conversion somehow. Perhaps you have some insight? I have attached the Input file, Expected Output, and Actual Output.TakeMeFromSheetToSheet.7z (13.1 KB)

@afitz
We have logged an issue: CELLSNET-53157 for converting internal hyperlink in the wordbook when converting .mht file to Excel format.

@afitz,

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved. The fix will be included in our upcoming release Aspose.Cells for Java 23.4 scheduled in the next week. You will be notified once the new version is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-53157) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

Hello, I hope this finds you well, checking in CELLSJAVA-44907 open issue. Any progress on this? Thank you!

@afitz,

We found that the css styles are not in <style> tag therefore aspose.cells can not identify them. You may please add the <style> tag outside of CSS styles.
Here is the modified file with added <style> tag for your reference: boundaries_html_to_xlsx_multisheetAsposeCells.zip (68.5 KB)

Hello @Eric.wang, thank you for following up. The example you just shared was not from the example file that I original provided for the ‘Redlining’ issue. I did run what you just shared, but it was not the output I expected or does not accurately portray the issue.
To bypass any confusion, I have reattached the expected output, input, and actual output, after following your instructions to have the styles within a style tag. Without the style tag the styles are found by the ‘Content-Location’ and the ‘Content-Location’ is linked to the Worksheet, the boundary "Content-Type: text/css; charset=“utf-8"” marks the content type of the style sheet and that style sheet is linked in the head of each Worksheet. So style tags are not necessary if referencing a style sheet found by “Content Location” with type “text/css”.
But I did employ html style tags following your suggestion, but still the output does not have different styles within the same cell. Here are my current examples. Thank you for reviewing!
RedliningExample2.7z (14.8 KB)

@afitz,

Thanks for providing us HTML file, current output and expected output Excel files. We will evaluate and get back to you soon.

@afitz,

We have fixed your issue (filed as CELLSJAVA-44907) now. Here is the result after fix for your reference:output.zip (7.1 KB)