Html to Pdf and iFrames

Hi
We are using Aspose.PDF 21.1.0.
I wonder if there is a way to not allow rendering of external resources when converting html to pdf?
We have tested with a html-file that includes an iFrame with a source to an external site. We noticed that some of the html from that page was rendered during the conversion. This may be a potential vulnerability for us.
(Also external images etc. is interesting to “not allow”.)
Thanks!

@lars.olsson

Would you please share your sample HTML file for our reference along with sample code snippet that you are using to convert it? We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

AsposeTestApplicationHtmlToPdf.zip (119.8 KB)

Hi
See attached repo. Sample file inside “TestFiles” folder.
Our license file is not attached so you have to use your own.

@lars.olsson

We need to investigate further and analyze whether your particular requirements are feasible to achieve. For the purpose, an investigation ticket as PDFNET-50930 has been logged in our issue tracking system. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,
I’m interested in the solution/conclusion here and the response to the initial request by mr. @lars.olsson. Can anyone share this information with me ?

@andersalvsaker

Please note that the earlier logged ticket has already been raised to the next level of priority and it is currently under the phase of the investigation. We have also recorded your concerns and will surely notify you as soon as the ticket is fixed and a resolution is made to the issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi,
Is there any new status regarding this incident ?

@andersalvsaker

Regretfully, the ticket is not yet resolved. Please note that it is already of high priority however it is taking more time to get fully investigated and resolved. We will surely inform you via this forum thread as soon as its resolved. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like