HTML to RTF conversion using Aspose does not support display: inline-block;

Hi,

I am currently using the Evaluated version of Aspose.words to generate a report from HTML template to RTF. The issue I am seeing in the formatting is that css property display:inline-block is not being implemented.
Is there a reason behind this and is there a way to accomplish same result?
Also is css property page-break-inside: avoid; also supported?

.importantContact {
display: inline-block;
width: 30%;
height: 50px;
text-align: center;
font-family: “Open Sans”;
font-size: 10pt;
}

@sophiakhan,

Have you tried the [latest (21.1) version of Aspose.Words for .NET on your end? In case the problem still remains, then please ZIP and upload your input HTML document and Aspose.Words generated RTF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

@awais.hafeez please find the ZIP attached. I am using the latest version of Aspose.Words and still get the same result.
sample-input.zip (84.1 KB)

@sophiakhan,

Aspose.Words tries to mimic the behavior of MS Word. It is not always guaranteed that the Aspose.Words and MS Word generated output Word documents will look exactly the same as the input HTML file appear in web browsers. This is because of file format differences between Word and HTML (also see Load in the HTML Format). So, this is an expected behavior. I have also attached MS Word 2019 and Aspose.Words for .NET 21.1 generated RTF files here for your reference:

1 Like