HTML to Word DOCX | Visibility of Hidden Numbered and Bullet Lists | Java

Hi Awais,

On the same issue, we have also noticed that the Numbered lists and Bullet list is showing on the exported word file when it is hidden, I suspect that the same way that the Href is ignored the Bullet and numbered list is also ignored.
The same holds good for any figures as well. If there is any sort of table/figure added to the hidden then when we export it , there is no content data.

Original list.PNG (86.1 KB)

word missing list.PNG (149.1 KB)

This is also a critical issue as we are working with our client to fix this as soon as possible.

On the same note please let me know if there are any known limitations to the Aspose.Words that we should be aware of.

@bekal94,

Please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your simplified input Word document (if any)
  • A simplified HTML string that you are inserting in Word document (copy it in .txt or .html file and share the file)
  • Aspose.Words for Java 21.3 generated output DOCX file showing the undesired behavior.
  • Please also create a standalone simple Java application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your current problem on our end and attach it here for testing. Please do not include Aspose.Words JAR files in it to reduce the file size.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start further investigation into this particular scenario/issue and provide you more information.

Please refer to the following sections of documentation:

Hi Awais,
Here is the information you have asked for, I have reproduced the same for Ordered and unordered list: the same Use case is also applicable if there is any image as well.
Information.zip (7.7 KB)

Please let me know if you need anything, To get a faster resolution is there any process to expedite? We are using a licensed version of Aspose.

@bekal94,

I have converted source HTML file to DOCX format by using “Save As” command of MS Word 2016 and attached it here for your reference:

Is this DOCX output produced by MS Word acceptable for you? I see that the “test.docx” you shared was generated by using a very old 17.9 version of Aspose.Words for Java; can you please upgrade to the latest 21.3 version of Aspose.Words for Java and see how it goes on your end? Please also provide your expected DOCX document showing the desired output here for our reference. You can created expected document manually by using MS Word or any other editor.

Yes, output docx is acceptable, the bullet and numbered lists needs to be visible under Rational and notes when I click on show/hide.
I also generated the new file using the latest 21.3 Jar, and the output is still discarding the bullets, Numbered lists as well as Figures/images etc.
I suspect it is a similar bug which is reported in WORDSNET-21612

@bekal94,

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-22044. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of linked issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks Awais,
Is there any tentative timeline that you can provide so that we can update it to our client?
We are also using a licensed version of Aspose, it would be great if there a point of contact you could provide so that we can be updated.

@bekal94,

Your issue is currently ‘In Analysis’ phase and there are no estimates available at the moment. We may be able to calculate and share the ETA (timeline) with you after completing the analysis of this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Awais,
Just a follow-up on this issue reported. Is there any timeline that can be provided so that we can inform the client?

@bekal94,

Regarding WORDSNET-22044, we have completed the analysis of this issue. We have also implemented a fix but currently, we are reviewing/testing all the code changes that were done in the scope of this issue. However, there is no ETA (timeframe) available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as this issue will get resolved or any estimates may be available in future. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Hi Awais,

Any update on when this new jar will be avaialble?

@bekal94,

Unfortunately, WORDSNET-22044 is not resolved yet and there is no ETA (timeframe) available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as this issue will get resolved or any estimates may be available in future. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Awais,
I see the issue has been closed. I dont have the jar with me, Is it possible to please give me the JAR.

Thanks

@bekal94

The fix of this issue will be available in the next version of Aspose.Words i.e., 21.11. Hopefully, it will be available at the start of November 2021.

Hi Tahir,

Any updates on this item?

Thanks

@bekal94

Your issue has been resolve and its fix will be available in the next version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 21.11. You will be notified via this forum thread once this release is published.

Hi Tahir,

Any update on this Jar availability?

@bekal94 The issue is already resolved in the latest 21.11 version of Aspose.Words for Java. You can download it here.

Hi Alexey,

Looks like there is still an issue with the way the Ordered and Unordered List is handled.
The input style is not being applied to the output.
Example the content is supposed to be enclosed inside the box but is going outside the box.
Information.zip (36.4 KB)
Please let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks
Karthik Bekal