Html to xls/xslx in java env

Hi,

I need to provide the user with the ability to print a webform.
To do this, I can convert the webform to the html and then to a xls/xlsx file, which the user can print.
Can anyone provide some links to sample code to be able to do this?
Also, the user can attach a word/xsl (doc,docx,xsl,xslx) file to the webform, and I would like the content of this file to be included in the xls.xlsx file created from the webform. What is the best way to do this, again, any links to sample code would be appreciated,

thanks,

Brian

Hi,

Well, webform/common html to xls/xlsx is not supported.
We only support to manipulate html files (which have MS Excel structure or MS Excel oriented), there are also some limits for importing such html too. Also about the attached files, we are not sure whether you want to save the attached word/excel files as Ole Object or else in the resultant workbook. Could you elaborate?

Anyways, I have logged your request into our issue tracking system with an id: CELLSJAVA-18309. But I am afraid, we might not support it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.
We have control over the generation of the html, so it can be tailored to suit what aspose requires.
What type of limitations does this html have?
Regarding the attached files, the file will have previously been uploaded to the server. Ideally, I would like the content of the attached file to appear in the generated xls file,

thanks,

Brian