HtmlSaveOptions.HtmlVersion

Hello

HtmlSaveOptions.HtmlVersion = Words.Saving.HtmlVersion.Html5

If set to html5 and used on EPUB AZW3 MOBI formats, what happens?
I’m not sure if the above 3 formats are safe with this setting?
Thanks.

@australian.dev.nerds Generally is it safe to set this option, but to be sure I will consult with our HTML team and provide you more information once receive an answer.

1 Like

@australian.dev.nerds The option HtmlSaveOptions.HtmlVersion has no effect when exporting to EPUB format. Upon saving as EPUB the inner HTML is always exported as Xhtml.
The option HtmlSaveOptions.HtmlVersion has effect when exporting to AZW3 and MOBI and this might affect the output. Interpretation of inner HTML depends on the reader. So using HtmlVersion.Html5 might not be safe upon exporting document to these formats.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-26108

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for the valuable info, really appreciated.
So I will manually set them to:
.HtmlVersion = Words.Saving.HtmlVersion.Xhtml

Anyway, can you be so kind and confirm once more with the HTML team about the same issue with Mhtml save format?

I mean setting HtmlSaveOptions.HtmlVersion = Words.Saving.HtmlVersion.Html5 when saving as mhtml ?
Sorry for the inconvenience :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds Specifying HtmlSaveOptions.HtmlVersion affects Mhtml output produced by Aspose.Words.

1 Like

Hello and thanks, sure, I’ve tested and found out that, I meant setting HtmlVersion.Html5 for mhtml documents is safe and will not interfere their internal structure? :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds I will check with development team and let you know once receive an answer.

@australian.dev.nerds MHTML itself does not have any restrictions on the HTML version inside. So you can safety use HtmlSaveOptions.HtmlVersion when save to MHTML.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-26108) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 24.2 update also available on NuGet.