Huge Mismatch in PowerPoint Input and PDF Output

Hi,

I picked up latest Aspose slides version 7.4, and I see big mismatch in input and output. I am generating PDFs.

• CTS-1962_1.PPT : Texts orientation have changed, charts missing in slides 17 and 15 respectively.
  • CTS-1962_2 : Empty row missing
  • CTS-1962_3 : Gaps between chart lines missing
  • CTS-1953_1 : Extra horizontal straight line below the title got added out of nowhere in first slide
  • CTS-1953_2 : Extra border on chart lines in Slide 7
  • CTS-1955_1 : Blue color lost, title font effect changed
  • CTS-1934 : Character space between β€˜98’ and β€˜th’ in second slide
  • CTS-1936 : Nothing between input and output is matching. Pls check all slides.

There are many other differences if you carefully compare input and output, I have just listed few that were visible at first glance.

Thanks,
Rajiv
Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the set of presentations and PDF shared by you and have been able to observe all the issues. The issues shared are of different natures with different type of presentation decks. Firs of all, I suggest you to please post separate issues in separate thread. This way, it is easy for us to keep track of issue status and also it is easy on your end manage and keep track of things. In the following section, I will try to answer every issue that has been shared by you along with some others that I have observed.

rajivrp:
CTS-1962_1.PPT : Texts orientation have changed, charts missing in slides 17 and 15 respectively.

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33932 has been created to resolve the missing charts issue on slide 15. A separate issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33933 has been created to resolve the improper orientation of text in category axis. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33934 has been created to resolve the missing Chart data table on slide 17 chart. I have also observed that chart series labels on slide 17 are improperly rendered. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33935 has been created to resolve this issue.

rajivrp:
CTS-1962_2 : Empty row missing

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33936 has been created to resolve this issue.

rajivrp:
CTS-1962_3 : Gaps between chart lines missing

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33937 has been created to resolve this issue. I have also observed the improper chart series rendering issue and have linked the presentation with SLIDESJAVA-33935 for resolution.

rajivrp:
CTS-1953_1 : Extra horizontal straight line below the title got added out of nowhere in first slide

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33938 has been created to resolve this issue.

rajivrp:
CTS-1953_2 : Extra border on chart lines in Slide 7

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33939 has been created to resolve this issue.

rajivrp:
CTS-1955_1 : Blue color lost, title font effect changed

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33940 has been created to resolve this issue.

rajivrp:
CTS-1934 : Character space between '98' and 'th' in second slide

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33931 has been created to resolve this issue.

rajivrp:
CTS-1936 : Nothing between input and output is matching. Pls check all slides.

I have observed the missing SmartArt shapes in generated PDF and an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33941 has been created to resolve the issue. A separate issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33942 as new feature request has been added for missing shadows, reflection, bevel and 3D effects on the text/shape. The requested feature will be available during Q1 of 2014. I have also observed the missing strike-through line for text on slide 4. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33943 has been created to resolve the issue. I have also observed the improperly rendered images in generated PDF. This issue has already been added as ID SLIDESJAVA-33907 in our issue tracking system. I have linked the presentation with SLIDESJAVA-33907 for further investigation.

This thread has been linked with all of mentioned issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33907;SLIDESJAVA-33935) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33934) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(3)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33932) have been fixed in this update.

(2)

Hi Mudassir,

Can you let me know the current status of open issues mentioned in this thread ? I can see atleast following issues are still open, feel free to add if I missed some -

SLIDESJAVA-33941
SLIDESJAVA-33942
SLIDESJAVA-33943

Basically tell us which release are they being scoped / targeted, and the expected time-line.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

I have verified the statuses of the requested issues from our issue tracking system and regret to inform you that they are still unresolved. The issue SLIDESJAVA-33941 is blocked by limitation of SmartArt rendering support that will be fixed in April 2014 release of Aspose.Slides for Java. I have raised the priorities of the issues SLIDESJAVA-33942 and SLIDESJAVA-33943 to High (which is maximum priority level for normal forum support issue) and have requested our development team to kindly schedule them for investigation and resolution. I will be able to share the further feedback with you in this regard as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,
Thanks !

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33931) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33937;SLIDESJAVA-33938) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33943) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33939;SLIDESJAVA-33936;SLIDESJAVA-33933) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33941) have been fixed in this update.

(2)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33940) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33942) have been fixed in this update.