Human readable text alignment

Hello,

I’ve been working with latest version (17.4) .NET barcode generation under Compact Framework 3.5, and I can see that human readable texts don’t get aligned other than left side (neither center or far alignment seem to work on CodeTextAlignment property).

Also notice the EAN13 barcode where the first digit is missing (there should be a ‘1’ digit out of the barcode, on the left side). I tried to adjust the margins to let the digit appear, but no luck.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Best regards,

Albert.
Hi Albert,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We need the sample code that you are using at your end to reproduce the issue. It will help us to reproduce the issue, analyze the problem and provide assistance accordingly.

Please, see below the code I used. Also notice that under Full Framework 3.5 it works, but not under Compact .NET Framework 3.5, which is the framework version I’m using.

using (BarCodeBuilder code = new BarCodeBuilder())
{
code.CodeText = “(01)12345678901231(10)123ABC”;
code.GraphicsUnit = GraphicsUnit.Pixel;
code.Resolution = new Resolution(180, 180, ResolutionMode.Customized);
code.CodeTextAlignment = StringAlignment.Center;
code.EncodeType = EncodeTypes.GS1Code128;
code.Margins.Left = Convert.ToInt32(5 / 25.4 * 180);
code.Margins.Right = Convert.ToInt32(5 / 25.4 * 180);
code.BarHeight = Convert.ToInt32(22 / 25.4 * 180);
code.xDimension = 4F;
code.AlwaysShowChecksum = false;
pictureBox1.Image = code.GenerateBarCodeImage();
}
Hi Albert,

Thank you for sharing code snippet.

We have investigated the issue. Initial investigation shows that the issue persists. The issue has been logged into our system with ID BARCODENET-36551. Our product team will further look into it and provide feedback. We will update you with the feedback in this forum thread once available.

@albert.ruiz,

This is to update you that the issue (BARCODENET-36586) has been resolved. Please download the latest version and try it at your end.