HyperLink in a excel sheet giving bad request error

Hi Team,

We have issue with unenabled excel file, where we have a hyperlink. When user clicks on this hyperlink, he is not being redirected correctly and a result we see a bad request error page.

when he click the link for the first time , Microsoft office giving an notice as “ it has identified a potential security concern” but when we give our consent as “yes” and clicking on that hyperlink it is redirecting to a Bad Request page.
when we enable a excel , hyperlink works good, only issue when it is not enabled.

Attached the zipfile containing the excel file. Please take a look

Thanks
SrikanthWithoutEnabling (2).zip (7.0 KB)

@Srikanth10,

Thanks for the zipped archive containing the Excel file.

I opened your Excel file into MS Excel (2007 and 2016). Then I clicked on the hyperlink “Go back to report” and it navigates to Google (https://www.google.com/) without any issue or exception. Could you elaborate what’s wrong with it. How we can reproduce the issue on our end? What is your MS Excel version? Did you create this file via Aspose.Cells API? If so, share your sample code (runnable). We will check it soon.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

Thankyou for your response!

1. Excel version we are using is 16.
  2. yes, I have created excel file via Aspose. Cells API.

Attaching the Excel file and sample code in Zip File.

On security constraints, we are not providing actual redirection URL.

We are suspecting it as a Microsoft bug. please refer

Please help on this.
HyperLinkIssues.zip (7.7 KB)

Thanks

@Srikanth10,

Thanks for further details and sample.

I did try your sample code to generate the output Excel file (attached). It works fine when I opened the output Excel file into MS Excel 2016 manually and clicked on the hyperlink “saved report” in A1 cell, it correctly navigates to the forum thread without any error/issue. In short, it works fine on our end. I am using latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java v22.11 (please try it if you are not already using it).

Yes, it seems like MS Excel’s behavior/bug or configurations on your end and nothing to do with Aspose.Cells API.