Hyperlink to absolute file path doesn't work for PowerPoint 2007

Hello,

using Aspose.Slides for .NET Version 14.2.0 creating a Hyperlink on a Shape to an absolute file path produces an unrecoverable error when opening with PowerPoint 2007. Opening the same document in PowerPoint 2013 works as expected.

I’ve attached an example document.

Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the details.

Please share your sample code and template file with us to help us reproduce your mentioned issue. We will check it and get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Hello,

we dont use any templates. The following code snipped produces the attached output, whick wont open in PowerPoint 2007.

var pptx = new Presentation();
var shape = pptx.Slides[0].Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeType.Rectangle, 0, 0, 200, 250);
shape.HyperlinkClick = new Hyperlink(@“C:\test.pdf”);
pptx.Save(Path.Combine(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Desktop), “Output.pptx”), SaveFormat.Pptx);

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for sharing the sample code.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue after an initial
test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue
id: SLIDESNET-35365. You will be
notified via this forum thread once the issue gets resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35365) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello.

I have to reopen this issue. Using version 14.6.0 there is still an issue if the path to the file contains spaces.
Here a short snippet.

shape.HyperlinkClick = new Hyperlink(@“C:\Path with space\Fails in PPT 2007.pdf”);

The saved PPTX won’t open in PowerPoint 2007 complaining about invalid content. PowerPoint 2013 will open correctly.

I’ve attached an example.

Best regards.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for sharing the feedback.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id:SLIDESNET-35587. You will be notified via this forum thread one the issue gets resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35587) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.