We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Hyperlink to start external process

I’m trying to add a hyperlink to a PDF file that will open the application for the external document (not a PDF file) and pass a line number into it. Can this be done?

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

I would like to share with you that you can open an external application or document using CreateApplicationLink method; you can find the example code on the shared link. . Please try it at your end and see if it helps in your scenario.

However, I couldn’t understand what you mean by “pass a line number”. Can you please elaborate your requirement a little bit?

We’re looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Thanks for the reply. I will try that approach today. As way of further explanation, what I mean to do is to have a link in the Aspose created PDF file that, when clicked on, will open an external application, in this case Notepad++, passing to it the file name and a line number.

Hi Jim,

I would like to share with you that currently Aspose.Pdf.Kit only allows you to create an application link using CreateApplicationLink method,which can run an external application or open a document; however, I’m afraid, it doesn’t allow you to move to a particular line number in the target document.

Nevertheless, I have logged this new feature request as PDFKITNET-14349 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this requirement and if possible we’ll try to provide this feature in our future versions.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,