We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Hyperlink with Cyrillic chars

Good day!

I have a problem with Cyrillic chars in Hyperlink addresses.

I have an Excel file with following hyperlink inside A1 cell: http://some.site/?code=�

" %C0 " - it is an Cyrillic character, that looks like English “ A ” but with different char code (cyrillic char code=1040).

But when I have got hyperlink from cell using Aspose.Cells, the result’s address was “http://some.site/?code=Á ”. You can see, that “ A ” (char code=1040) char was changed to “ Á ” (char code=193)

May I set something for change Aspose.Cells language settings to get right (Cyrillic) char on any URL-code?

P.S.

In other Excel files Hyperlink class converts the codes to valid Cyrillic chars. Is this problem in Worksheet class?

I used Aspose.Cells (8.6.2) from nuget packege.

Hi Stephan,


Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

As you have mentioned that other Excel files containing thee said character in hyperlinks can be read well with Aspose APIs so it seems the problem is sample specific. In order to investigate this matter thoroughly, please provide us the problematic sample as well as the code to replicate the issue on our side. Please also note that we have recently published Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.2.2. Please give it a try on your side to see if the issue persists.

For Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.2.2 problem still exists.

``

//Print all links

sheet.Hyperlinks.Cast().ToList().ForEach(i => Console.WriteLine(i.Address));

Each file contains normal links inside. Links look like this: “http://test.test/?code=1�

File “test_failed.xslx”. When I try to get their address, they contain invalid chars:

Code result: http://test.test/?code=1Á

Then I tried get links from “test_successed.xls” file…

Code result: http://test.test/?code=1�

  • it is RIGHT result.

Hi Stepan,


Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I have evaluated the case against both provided samples and I am able to notice the difference in results. The hyperlink addresses are being returned correctly (as it is) while processing the sample test_successed.xls whereas the other sample seems to return modified hyperlink addresses. This scenario need thorough investigation however, we were not able to edit the test_successed.xls to check hyperlink details as Excel is prohibiting me to edit it. Please check the attached snapshot, and notice the red error bar at top warning about the dangerous contents in the sample. Do you have any other sample that works fine and also do not open in protected view? Is this sample exhibiting the same behavior on your side as well?
Yes. I have similar notice.
Now I changed links from "http://test.test/*" to "http://test.ru/*" and notice not appears now. I attached new file to message.

Hi Stepan,


Thank you for the new sample. We have logged this incident in our bug tracking system as CELLSNET-44092 for further investigation. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-44092 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,


Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.2.3 (attached).

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44092) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.