Hyperlinks and cross-references not working on converting pdf to docx

Hi,

We are using Aspose.pdf v19.6 for pdf to docx conversion in which we are facing a very basic issue. The hyperlinks and cross-references in the pdf are not working when converted to docx.

Following is the code snippet being used to generate the docx:
Document doc = new Document(“sample.pdf”);
DocSaveOptions pdfSaveOptions = new DocSaveOptions();
pdfSaveOptions.setFormat(DocSaveOptions.DocFormat.DocX);
doc.save(“output.docx”, pdfSaveOptions);

Attached here are the source pdf and docx output:
attachments.zip (569.6 KB)

Since our customer is facing this issue in the production environment, it has become a show-stopper for us. Can you please look into this on a priority basis and provide a fix ASAP.

Thanks,
Neeraj

@neergupta

Thank you for contacting support.

We have been able to notice the problem with cross references. However, would you please share which page contains the hyperlink that do not work so that we may proceed accordingly.

For that you can refer to the very first page of the PDF where there are hyperlinks. Additionally, hyperlinks also exist on every page’s top right.

Thanks,
Neeraj

@neergupta

Thank you for elaborating it further.

We have logged a ticket with ID PDFJAVA-38667 in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as the ticket is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Farhan,
Thanks for your response and logging the ticket. However, the given issue is very much critical for us as it is blocking one our prominent customers going live.
Can you please escalate it and let me know the ETA for the fix.

Thanks,
Neeraj

@neergupta

Please note that the ticket has been logged under free support model and will be investigated on first come first serve basis. Therefore, it may take some months to resolve. As soon as we have some definite updates or ETA regarding ticket resolution, we will let you know.

Moreover, we also offer Paid Support, where issues are used to be investigated with higher priority. Our customers, who have paid support subscription, report their issue there which are meant to be investigated urgently. In case your reported issue is a blocker, you may please consider subscribing for Paid Support. For further information, please visit Paid Support FAQs.

Hi,
Can you please let me know the pricing quotes/subscription required for fixing this issue on higher priority?
Just to let you know we currently have Site OEM License type. I was wondering if this license type covers some incidents to be fixed on high priority.

Thanks,
Neeraj

@neergupta

Please share your 12 digit Order ID with our sales team over Purchase Forum while creating a separate topic and we will be sharing details of subscription to Paid Support.

Hi,
I have shared the order in the following topic:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/subscription-details/199269

Kindly do the needful.

Thanks,
Neeraj

@neergupta

Thank you for creating the topic.

We have shared requested information with you there as well. Please follow up accordingly.

Hi,

Can you please let me now if there is any progress/update on this issue?

Thanks,
Neeraj

@neergupta

We are afraid any update is not available yet and it may take few more months, as shared earlier. We really appreciate your patience in this regard.

Hello,
Now that we have purchased the support plan, can you please look into this on highest priority as it s affecting our business.

Thanks,
Neeraj

@neergupta

If you have subscribed to paid support then please request to raise priority of PDFJAVA-38667 over Paid Support Helpdesk so that we may proceed accordingly.

I am unable to login as paid support user. Can you please let me now how should I sign in as Paid Support user?

Thanks,
Neeraj

@neergupta

Being a paid support user, if you are facing any problem while accessing the helpdesk then please share your 12 digit Order ID with our sales team over Purchase Forum in a separate topic and we will be guiding you accordingly.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-38667) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for Java 19.12.