Hyperlinks and ID-s

Hi support,

I’m searching for the Word’s bookmark equivalent in aspose.pdf for java. I’m using now the ID option for objects, but any of those objects have dimension and are occuring space in the output. So as for now, I cannot target a location in the document, but just objects with content.

Please advice,
Milan

Hi Milan,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

As I know there is no Word's bookmark equivalent in PDF. Although we can get the position of each object, but we don't know how to provide the interface. Can you please elaborate your requirement?

Hi,

If I want to make an hyperlink to an image or a table, I create the hyperlink, set its target, and then I set the ID of the image or table, but I get the message that my hyperlink has no local destination. Thus, I insert a text before or after my image or table, and set the ID for it. This adds an empty line where the text is - I'm looking for avoiding that. (One small observation here : I construct the text object like this : Text myText = new Text(section, " ") ; if I use Text myText = new Text(section, ""), I get the same error message, thus I think that aspose.pdf doesn't handle my text object without characters that has the ID set. )

So if there is no equivalent of bookmarks, maybe the ID can be supported for any object, not just for text or segments (as I noticed from the documentation examples and from my code tests).

Regards,
Milan

Dear Milan,

Thanks for providing the detailed information. I agree that ID should be supported for any object. We will check this issue and reply to you soon.

Hi milan,

<span style=“font-size: 10.5pt; font-family: “Times New Roman”;” lang=“EN-US”>We have logged this
issue (PDFJAVA-6855) in our bug track system. We will give you a
solution in the next two weeks. Thank you for your patience.

Hi Sandy.Zhang, whish you and the Aspose team a good year !

Is there any update on the current issue ?
Regards,
Milan

Hi, milan,

We are working on this issue. I will give you a hotfix this week. Thank you for your patience.

Hy Sandy.Zhang,

Is there any update on this issue ?

Regards,
Milan

Hello Milan,

Our development team is still working to get this issue resolved. Meanwhile I’ve also contacted the concerned person to share the ETA for the resolution of this problem. Soon you will be updated with the required information.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:普通表格; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

<![endif]–>

Hi milan,

This problem is more difficult than we thought. We have to locate the position of Graph, Image etc. We need more time to resolve this problem.

<span style=“font-size: 10.5pt; font-family: “Times New Roman”;” lang=“EN-US”>Thank you for your
patience.

Hi Sandy.Zhang,

Please update the status of this thread, considering the space issue observation too.

Thank you,
Milan

Hello Milan,

The solution will be included in the new release that will be published in around 3 months. I'm afraid we might not be able to provide the solution in older versions.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.