Hyperlinks and OLE Object links

Hi Aspose team,

I am evaluating components and currently have some questions in regard to Tasks.

• I need to access hyperlinks/OLE Object links created in Project file and make some changes.

For example, I have Task which has assigned hyperlink plus in Task Note I have hyperlink. Now, I would like to make change of this hyperlink. Is it possible to access and manipulate hyperlinks using Aspose.Tasks?

Same question for OLE Objects inserted into Project document.

Thanks in advance,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

Aspose.Tasks can be used to access the hyperlinks attached with task as shown in the following code:

Project prj = new Project(@"TemplateProject.xml");
// Create a ChildTasksCollector instance
ChildTasksCollector collector = new ChildTasksCollector();
// Collect all the tasks from RootTask using TaskUtils
TaskUtils.Apply(prj.RootTask, collector, 0);

// Parse through all the collected tasks
foreach (Task tsk in collector.Tasks)
{
if (tsk.Get(Tsk.Id) == 1)
{
tsk.Set(Tsk.Hyperlink, "www.google.com.pk");
tsk.Set(Tsk.HyperlinkAddress, "www.google.com.pk");
tsk.Set(Tsk.HyperlinkSubAddress, "www.google.com.pk");
Console.WriteLine("Task Hyperlink: {0}", tsk.Get(Tsk.Hyperlink));
Console.WriteLine("Task HyperlinkAddress: {0}", tsk.Get(Tsk.HyperlinkAddress));
Console.WriteLine("Task HyperlinkSubAddress: {0}", tsk.Get(Tsk.HyperlinkSubAddress));
}
}

Tasks in a project file may contain embedded documents as its part such as text files or Word documents. Though, Aspose.Tasks doesn't support retrieving such documents from a task's notes property in totality, it can be used in combination with Aspose.Words to retrieve and save such documents. This article shows how this can be achieved using Aspose.Tasks and Aspose.Words.

You may please visit here for getting details about Retrieving Embedded Documents from a Task's Notes.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.